• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

The TV show Heroes is being revived. Interesting. It was a great show in the first season and wasted the potential. The climate is better now for this show than back then. Not sure if it will succeed.

I hope this succeeds. I agree the first season was great and then they just brought in too many characters and subplots.

Just got in from Pacific Rim... I absolutely loved it.

It's so amazing, visually, I don't know how you'd see it in something other than IMAX.

"To me, the bar for television music is forever set by Shirley Walker’s score for Batman: The Animated Series. Her melodic invention, the thematic continuity, the attention to detail and luscious production values were — and remain — unrivaled. I scored the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot in the same recording studio where she recorded her Batman. I thought of her that day."

Nerd boner rising.

Batman: The Animated Series is still the best Batman, bar none. Mark Hamill is still the best Joker.

I watched a few random BTAS and JLU clips while finding that clip. I've watched every episode of Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited multiple times. 13 years of brilliance, all in the same continuity. As great as Young Justice was (RIP) and with the strong potential of the new Beware the Batman (2nd episode on 10 am on Saturday on Cartoon Network), the DC Animated Universe can't be topped.

SHIELD premieres on Sept 24.
http://www.hitfix.com/news/abc-sets-fall-2013-premiere-dates-from-shield-to-scandal

Last edited:
Finally got around to Pacific Rim and it rocked my world. I agree that the Cat 5 monster was a letdown, we didn't exactly see anything to distinguish it from the others. I saw it in IMAX 3d and was blown away by the sense of scale the movie gave us for the giants. This the first time I've seen a movie in IMAX 3d and thought "I'd pay this premium price again to see this movie in this format".

Charlie Day as a genius scientist was sweet. I liked his chemistry with Owen from "Torchwood".

So Pacific Rim and The Wolverine are good?

Not what I was expecting this summer.

Who cares about Electro? They didn't really make us care about Lizard. They're probably not going to make us care about Electro or Rhino. Meh is right.

Who cares about Electro? They didn't really make us care about Lizard. They're probably not going to make us care about Electro or Rhino. Meh is right.

I would say only Batman has a better rogue's gallery than Spider-man. But the movies simply don't do them justice.

Interesting article about the Marvel One Shots going forward.

"D’Esposito previously told Screen Rant that their research shows that one of the best selling points to boost home video sales and buzz is to add truly original content and this is why we’re seeing the trend of every Marvel Studios home video release ship with a new Marvel One-Shot short film going forward. The goal in these is to tell new and additional stories that are different than the feature-length spectacles and that’s just one of the many reasons, in addition to costs, scheduling and future plans, that they focus on non-superhero supporting characters… at least, so far."

Black Panther, Loki & Ms. Marvel Namedropped For Potential Marvel One-Shots

http://screenrant.com/marvel-one-shots-black-panther-ms-marvel/

I would say only Batman has a better rogue's gallery than Spider-man. But the movies simply don't do them justice.

The Spidey villains have been grossly mishandled thus far. If the goal is to eventually lead to the sinister six, I'd like to see that work...but it's going to be difficult to squeeze that in with a death of Gwen Stacy story, which is such an iconic moment in comic history that they just can't screw it up. If they screw up the death of Gwen, they might as well close up shop on Spidey.

USA Today article about S.H.I.E.L.D.

"The missions inhabit "the boardwalk of the Marvel universe. There are people with powers, objects with powers, unexplained phenomena, things that are alien in nature, things that are scientific in nature, tech gone awry," Loeb says. The agents determine whether a person or thing "is a threat and, if so, make sure that the public is safe from that threat -- all the while having the usual kind of character interplay, dialogue (and) fun that we have known from Joss in TV and film."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...-latest-team-of-heroes-to-television/2530393/

So who's at ComicCon now? You can fess up in this thread, you're among nerd friends.

Anyone heard anything juicy yet?

So who's at ComicCon now? You can fess up in this thread, you're among nerd friends.

Anyone heard anything juicy yet?

I want to go one year, but I fear I'm not nearly nerdy enough for it.

The TV show Heroes is being revived. Interesting. It was a great show in the first season and wasted the potential. The climate is better now for this show than back then. Not sure if it will succeed.

I always thought their main issue was way too many OP Heroes, which lead them to ridiculous write-arounds. Hiro was clearly OP, and they constantly had to have him doing senseless "side missions" to keep him from completely solving any and all problems the show created for Sylar or Samuel. As if it wasn't hard enough to write a sensible plot for 1 guy that can travel through time and space, they then clearly didn't think too far ahead with Peter Patrelli gaining every power he gets near, so they had to nerf him into the ground by only allowing him to have one power at a time. And then of course there is Sylar, who was constantly being banished in one way or another because they made him way too strong as well.

Aside from that major issue, the end of season 3 was the most anticlimactic thing I've ever seen on television. They spent the entire season building Samuel's army, then it's all gone in about 5 seconds. I'm as excited as anyone that it is coming back, but I really hope the writers strike was the reason it tapered off so that maybe they can rebound and be good again.

From that article, I didn't get that the Heroes tv show was starting back up, rather that NBC was partnering with a comic book publisher to create a new comic book series.

Back