• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Pacific Rim looks dumb as shit to me. Godzilla vs. Transformers. But then again I'm sitting around bored off my ass last week and I watched the notoriously bad Battleship and actually enjoyed it for what it was-- a stupid alien invasion movie. There's no way Pacific Rim can be any worse.

Pacific Rim was a better movie overall, but Battleship definitely had a hotter chick.

Dont get me wrong, Id definitely recommend Pacific Rim, it has great spectacle (much better than the piece of shit Avatar), but with Del Toro I always expect a bit of flash, some of his unique personality. This was pretty bland, not up to his usual standards in that department. Also, they were talking about a category 5 Kaiju all movie like it was some indestructible force, but when it finally emerges, it looks just like all the other ones. Id compare it to Prometheus: visuals - good, script - bad. Coincidentally they both have Idirs Elba, who is again great here (though I found his character arc, which was supposed to be the emotional center of the film, unsatisfying).

Dont get me wrong, Id definitely recommend Pacific Rim, it has great spectacle (much better than the piece of shit Avatar), but with Del Toro I always expect a bit of flash, some of his unique personality. This was pretty bland, not up to his usual standards in that department. Also, they were talking about a category 5 Kaiju all movie like it was some indestructible force, but when it finally emerges, it looks just like all the other ones. Id compare it to Prometheus: visuals - good, script - bad. Coincidentally they both have Idirs Elba, who is again great here (though I found his character arc, which was supposed to be the emotional center of the film, unsatisfying).

Haha, yeah we all had the same reaction. I was hoping beyond hope it would be Godzilla or something but alas...

I'm certain that A.I.M. from Iron Man 3 and Hydra from Captain America: The First Avenger will be major players in AoS.

But for the pilot, there's a couple of hints that the villain might be from Thor. The guy in the holographic reconstruction with the goatee appears to wearing chain mail. Also Agent Simmons takes a sample and says "it's not of this Earth". That could also be a reference to the Item 47 Marvel short where people are picking up alien tech after the battle of New York and using it.

Of course, the explosion Agent Coulson is seen winding back could be the exploding guys from A.I.M. that we saw in Iron Man 3.

Last edited:
Latest rumor says the next Hulk movie will not be World War Hulk or Planet Hulk but will revolve around the Indestructible Hulk concept.

"In case you are not familiar with the Indestructible Hulk comic, the basic premise of the story is that Hulk is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. To get into more detail about the current comic title, Banner feels he needs to give back to society so he approaches S.H.I.E.L.D. and asks for a lab where he can give the world inventions that will help society in exchange for letting S.H.I.E.L.D. "point and aim" the Hulk whenever needed.

So why would this work on the big screen? First of all, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has openly said the key to another Hulk film is Ruffalo's portrayal of Banner. Hulk is just the icing on the cake in any future movie. Plus, Marvel's continued vision and focus since the days of Stan Lee running the show has been all about the person and his or her character behind the hero. So far this has been true in Marvel's Phase 1 and seems to be continuing during Phase 2 as well.

In the case of an Indestructible Hulk-based movie script, Banner would definitely be a big focus. As would S.H.I.E.L.D and having Hulk as a SHIELD agent brings a more realistic use for the green hero instead of telling the story that he's always running and hiding to stay away from stress, anger and putting people in danger.

Even though this is just a rumor, it really has to make Marvel fans think that Marvel Studios' next Hulk solo movie could very well be titled, "Indestructible Hulk." If any of this is true, of course. But since any potential Hulk sequel is in the very early stages of any type of development and scripting, take this rumor with a grain of salt."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDailySuperHero/news/?a=83278#le8ZArkYOf47LWrC.99

Marvel Studio is building a nice set of relationships with some great actors.

Case in point, getting Ruffalo as Banner. I really think they were planning to do World War Hulk and Planet Hulk until Ruffalo stole the movie. Avoiding Banner would have helped get over the Norton issues. Hulk would have been a well known "villain" as well.

Last edited:
Legendary revealed a Godzilla Comic-Con poster today.

god.jpg

Universal Studios and Legendary last week announced a partnership to develop attractions based on Legendary properties. That could include Nolan's Batman trilogy but details have to be worked out with Six Flags who has DC rights.

"To me, the bar for television music is forever set by Shirley Walker’s score for Batman: The Animated Series. Her melodic invention, the thematic continuity, the attention to detail and luscious production values were — and remain — unrivaled. I scored the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot in the same recording studio where she recorded her Batman. I thought of her that day."

Nerd boner rising.

Last edited:
The TV show Heroes is being revived. Interesting. It was a great show in the first season and wasted the potential. The climate is better now for this show than back then. Not sure if it will succeed.

Back