• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Which is just a wee bit strange, isn't it? Marvel has put on this year round marketing machine for their properties. They're hyping up flicks that are 5 years away with graphics and press Apple-style reveals...we've seen and heard so much about Age of Ultron.

So why don't we know anything about BVS other than was has leaked out? DC and WB aren't marketing the movie much at all other than a couple stills of the characters.

Not really that strange. Marvel has a massive headstart.

WB/DC wants to make sure people don't know if it sucks or not. It's still doesn't drop until Easter 2016. They've got time.

Disney is kind of in a quandary with Episode VII, especially debuting at the end of 2015. Before Star Wars VII, they have 2 Marvel films, 2 Pixar films, a live action Cinderella film, Tomorrowland, and I'm sure some other stuff. They aren't even releasing an animated movie next year. They've got to make sure all these other films don't get drowned out by Avengers hype then Star Wars hype. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't hear much about Episode VII until after Ant-Man is released next July.

I'm actually all caught up now, watched the episode last night LIVE.

I can't shake the feeling that this season is leaving a lot to be desired. It feels mostly aimless and low stakes at this point, and the writing/plotting feels a notch below where it was in Season 2. Some of that probably has to do with my frustrations regarding Laurel's arc (FUCK YOU AND YOUR CHIN IMPLANT LAUREL IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU ON THAT ROOFTOP), and part of it probably has to do with the current lack of a season-long macguffin.

I guess maybe we're about to see the LOA stroll into town, which would be cool. Not sure I like where the Thea plot is headed. And fuck I just really want #olicity, okay guys?

What did you guys want it be called?

Star Wars: The Trade Embargo

Star Wars: Jar Jar Emerges

Star Wars: There's a Reason We Started in the Middle

Star Wars: The Pod Race Was Decent

Star Wars: The Annoying Kid

Star Wars: Mitochlorians

By the way, just looked up the kid who played Anakin. Episode I basically killed his budding career.

I can't shake the feeling that this season is leaving a lot to be desired. It feels mostly aimless and low stakes at this point, and the writing/plotting feels a notch below where it was in Season 2. Some of that probably has to do with my frustrations regarding Laurel's arc (FUCK YOU AND YOUR CHIN IMPLANT LAUREL IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU ON THAT ROOFTOP), and part of it probably has to do with the current lack of a season-long macguffin.

I guess maybe we're about to see the LOA stroll into town, which would be cool. Not sure I like where the Thea plot is headed. And fuck I just really want #olicity, okay guys?

Seriously, how good is she? She's darned close to a perfect female character. She's strong and tough, but real world strong and tough instead of trained by assassins tough. Fearless, yet emotional and feminine...just an amazing turn for a character who was supposed to be only a one-off appearance.

As far as this season's plot, I trust these writers. It was a little while in S2 before they really started down the road to Oliver vs Slade. We've only just been introduced to R'as Al Ghul, so I imagine by the mid-season finale in December, we will know where this season is headed.

Seriously, how good is she? She's darned close to a perfect female character. She's strong and tough, but real world strong and tough instead of trained by assassins tough. Fearless, yet emotional and feminine...just an amazing turn for a character who was supposed to be only a one-off appearance.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

I do worry they set such a high bar with the S2 finale, but I've enjoyed S3 a ton too.

Fuck I just started watching Arrow (up to episode 15 or 16) and think I might have to stop checking in on this thread.. it's a good show though. I kind of want to just know the whole story from the island, all this waiting on flashbacks to tell the tale is killing me.

Fuck I just started watching Arrow (up to episode 15 or 16) and think I might have to stop checking in on this thread.. it's a good show though. I kind of want to just know the whole story from the island, all this waiting on flashbacks to tell the tale is killing me.

You're right in the sweet spot of when that show takes off. Binge it out like RSF so we can all talk trash to Ph about it.

You're right in the sweet spot of when that show takes off. Binge it out like RSF so we can all talk trash to Ph about it.

I'm not proud of how quickly I watched the second half of S1 and all of S2, but at least I recognized the need to GET IT DONE. Ph has been dickin' around with this shit for LITERALLY YEARS now.

I'm not proud of how quickly I watched the second half of S1 and all of S2, but at least I recognized the need to GET IT DONE. Ph has been dickin' around with this shit for LITERALLY YEARS now.

bf380f11_he20ain27t20lyin.jpeg

Back