• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

They should have let Edgar Wright do his thing.

As good as Edgar Wright can be, I think Marvel has earned the benefit of the doubt...and if their vision and Edgar's didn't sync up, then it's probably best he left. I thought the trailer looked fine. It's a teaser, not a full blown trailer so I didn't expect much detail. The fact that it's coming just a couple months after Age of Ultron is going to be important. Phase Three is going to bring a lot of change to the MCU, so I don't think Marvel would kick it off with something they didn't feel would score.

Agent Carter was good. My biggest fear going in was that it was just going to be Agents of Shield in the 1940's, but based on the pilot that isn't the case at all. I will be interested to see how this all eventually links to the modern day events...especially Jarvis.

Also...Haley Atwell. Smoking.

What concerns you about the trailer?

Michael Douglas' voiceover was kind of bland. But other than that it introduces the basic concept of the movie. Scott Lang is a crook. Gets recruited by Hank Pym for a mission. Establishes Lang's most important relationship is the one with his daughter. Shows the Ant-Man costume, shrinking power, insect control and the fact that he actually shrinking down and physically breaking into a computer in a novel twist for the movies anyway on computer hacking.

I've seen trailers that build a lot more excitement than this one. But that's usually because people are super excited about the movie already and are just desperate to see a snippet of it.

TITCR. Ant-Man is a pretty goofy concept for modern film in general, but so were Groot and Rocket.

There's a podcast interview with James Gunn where he was asked what characters he wanted to use in Guardians of the Galaxy or its sequels but was not allowed to because Marvel doesn't own the rights to them. His answer was ROM the Space Knight, Bug and the Badoon (for cannon fodder instead of the Sakaarans).

Last edited:
TITCR. Ant-Man is a pretty goofy concept for modern film in general, but so were Groot and Rocket.

They're pretty much all goofy concepts, I think. Marvel is just good at making you forget you're watching something that, on paper, is pretty conceptually goofy.

Ant-Man is not exactly a favorite character of mine. But I think in general shrinking is an interesting concept for sci-fi movies and tv shows to explore. (Cue George Castanza references.) It's also a concept that doesn't feel over done to me. There's probably a more recent example but the last time I remember seeing the concept used was on Futurama when Fry had worms in "Parasites Lost". That's one of my favorite episodes of that show.

Jeremy Renner is currently filming some mystery Hawkeye project. It could be an episode of Agents of SHIELD, a Marvel One Shot or just something to do with Age of Ultron.

Ant-Man is not exactly a favorite character of mine. But I think in general shrinking is an interesting concept for sci-fi movies and tv shows to explore. (Cue George Castanza references.) It's also a concept that doesn't feel over done to me. There's probably a more recent example but the last time I remember seeing the concept used was on Futurama when Fry had worms in "Parasites Lost". That's one of my favorite episodes of that show.

honey_i_shrunk_the_kids_17388.jpg

* "Marvel's Daredevil," starring Charlie Cox as the blind lawyer-turned-crimefighter, and co-starring Rosario Dawson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson, will debut on Friday, April 10. (Netflix didn't panel "Daredevil" at Comic-Con this summer, and isn't paneling it at TCA, so the assumption was it wouldn't put it on the air until at least after the next Comic-Con. Whoops.)
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...my-schmidt-premiere-dates#XuuJSg71lbkMCPBV.99

I wonder when Marvel plans to start promoting DD...it seems like they haven't done a good job marketing that series at all.

with the release of the daredevil season all at once we should run a separate thread to discuss that. no way will i be able to watch all the episodes quickly enough to not be spoiled coming to this thread. with all the upcoming other stuff (arrow, flash, avengers etc) i would prefer to be able to discuss those here.

maybe a new thread could have a spoiler rule of discussing 2-3 episodes a week or something.

INNER SPACE!!! Epic movie.

We've had separate threads for big movies. A separate thread for Daredevil makes sense.

I'm curious how the Disney marketing machine is going to work this year. They've got too many big things going on in 2015. Two Marvel movies, two Marvel TV series, at least one Netflix Marvel series, two Pixar movies, Star Wars Ep 7, and other stuff like the live action Cinderella and other stuff I don't know about.

Big Hero 6 got sucked into the vacuum between Frozen and all this 2015 stuff and still managed to surpass Tangled at the box office.

Edward James Olmos has joined the cast of ABC’s “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD,” according to Marvel. His character, Robert Gonzales, is being kept under wraps, but his debut is said to bring “massive repercussions” for Director Coulson (Clark Gregg) and his team.

-Each Marvel Netflix series will be roughly one year apart; with the amount of time between each series ranging from 8 to 15 months. "We're not trying to hit a fall programming schedule or hit a grid number. We want to give them enough room and enough time to make a great show. I don't want to set up a rigid time table."

- The most intriguing news emerging would be the fact that each of the Marvel Netflix series are elligble for additional seasons. "They're all eligible to go into multiple seasons for sure, and [we] contemplate that they will."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=113257

So this is a rumor...

qzqizkp_large.jpg

Back