• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

i am not sure how i feel about the gotham twist last night.

sort of ballsy considering they were doing a pretty good job with the character at this point but after last season it just feels like a giant red herring. i was skeptical about introducing him in season 1. however, they really cast him pretty well and it seemed to be working this season. now we have 100 possible people to pick up that mantle?? my initial thought was that it removed the best thing that was happening this season.

Agreed that Gotham left us hanging last night. We'll see where it goes from here.

I still haven't watched Gotham or Heroes Reborn yet due to football on Monday and Thursday nights. Looking forward to the AOS/Flash double dip tonight though.

After thinking about it more, I don't like the end of Gotham last night. Jerome was easily the best character this season and saying that the Joker was inspired by a guy that was exactly like the Joker really cheapens the character (Joker, not Jerome).

The Flash had some growing pains last night. I know acting has never been a strong point for it, but I thought just about everyone last night was wooden, without the purposeful camp and cheese of season 1. They're not using the flashbacks with any logic or cohesion, outside of simply filling in the blanks, which seems like bad storytelling more than anything else. And worst of all, the character motivations stopped making any fucking sense, from Barry not masking his face at the rally to Wells recording his confession to Henry just fucking leaving because he didn't want Barry to be "Henry Allen's son" (???????????)

I'm confident they can get the kinks worked out, and this Garrick arc seems promising, but not a good night.

Some other stray thoughts:
-I liked the tease of Cisco as Vibe. That was cool.
-Caitlin's eventual turn as Killer Frost is going to be devastating, I think, but they're starting to set the pieces in motion for the heel turn already. Another lethal solution to a metahuman of the week... Easy to see her getting comfortable with that.
-Also, how many friggin' times is she going to be widowed? I know they weren't married when she lost Ronnie the first time, but Christ. If they set up some bullshit Barry/Iris/Caitlin triangle, I'm going to be pissed. I've read some speculation that Ronnie is gone for good this time, with Amell getting some other work and Dr. Stein merging with someone new on LoT.
-Speaking of Stein, I thought him sliding into Wells' old role with the team was a little too easy. He doesn't have Tom Cavanagh's charisma (but hey who does). I was really hoping that the Singularity was going to screw with the timelines a little more and give us Original Wells, but alas.

The Flash Season 2 (Tues) and Arrow Season 4 (Wed)

Tom Cavanaugh is supposed to be back this season although I guess it could just be what we saw last night.

What was the Vibe tease?

Killing Atom Smasher was a waste of a potentially good hero down the road. His growth power was well done for TV.

Been a long time since I've watched WWE. Edge looks horrible.

AOS and The Flash were both meh last night. I do give AOS props for bring back Simmons in a meaningful way early in the season. Hopefully that will just be a partly her character arc and relationship with Fitz and the plot will focus on Inhumans and Hydra.

Last edited:
Cavanaugh is supposedly a series regular again this year, so we'll see. I don't see how they bring him back without timeline shenanigans. I guess it could be an alternate universe Wells, but meh. I still don't understand how Eddie dying didn't have major implications for the Flash, but maybe there's more explanation coming there.

The Vibe tease was his vision during the first Atom Smasher appearance, where he seemed to be seeing some sort of alternate timeline.

I thought AoS was great last night. I'm a big fan of what they've done this season so far. They're finally nailing Ward, and everything at SHIELD is clicking for me.

The Ward stuff was good. I liked the car scene and stuff with Werner. Didn't realize he was a real character. There's kind of a legacy vibe going on with Daisy, May, and Werner.

The most impressive thing to me has been the development of Fitz and Simmons over these two plus seasons. I don't love that the writers just forgot about Fitz's brain damage, but his development has been believable and affecting despite that, and his chemistry with Simmons feels way more earned than it did at the start of Season 1.

I don't think they forgot. He steadily got better over season 2. There was a time gap and now he's better but not where he was in season 1.

I don't think they forgot. He steadily got better over season 2. There was a time gap and now he's better but not where he was in season 1.

Eh. Even last season, that arc sort of disappeared suddenly, only to reappear whenever convenient for the plot. I dunno, I don't think it was handled well at all. But Fitz has become maybe the show's strongest character despite that, so it's hard to complain too much.

I really enjoyed The Flash last night, although I do agree that Henry leaving "because things" was weak, I thought it would have been better if they had given him some kind of terminal illness and just killed him off, but whatevs. I don't think Ronnie (or Eddie) are really dead, I would imagine the singularity was a portal to earth 2 and that's where they both ended up.

I definitely got vibes for a potential Caitlin/iris/Barry love triangle. Maybe Iris can't get over Eddie, so Barry and Caitlin get together, and then a villain sets up a "you must choose" situation where Barry can only save one of them and he chooses Iris, Caitlin seemingly dies in an accident that ends up giving her powers, and she becomes an enemy of team flash. I'd be down.

The Flash Season 2 (Tues) and Arrow Season 4 (Wed)

Caitlin won't be a Barry love interest. They're introducing Patty Spivot this season as Joe's new partner. That will be the triangle.

Agree that some of the turns didn't make sense or were cheesy. That Ronnie goodbye was so melodramatic. All the plot devices were terrible.

AOS I thought was strong. Fitz is easily the most compelling character right now.

I really enjoyed The Flash last night, although I do agree that Henry leaving "because things" was weak, I thought it would have been better if they had given him some kind of terminal illness and just killed him off, but whatevs. I don't think Ronnie (or Eddie) are really dead, I would imagine the singularity was a portal to earth 2 and that's where they both ended up.

I definitely got vibes for a potential Caitlin/iris/Barry love triangle. Maybe Iris can't get over Eddie, so Barry and Caitlin get together, and then a villain sets up a "you must choose" situation where Barry can only save one of them and he chooses Iris, Caitlin seemingly dies in an accident that ends up giving her powers, and she becomes an enemy of team flash. I'd be down.

And then Barry tells Oliver about it and Oliver says, "Yeah, I still haven't figured out how to beat that one."

I didn't get the Barry/Caitlin vibes, at least no more than in the karaoke episode. Caitlin just doesn't give off vibes at all. She's cold. And I assume that's on purpose.

There's room for Henry in Team Flash as a comforter who wasn't also a cop/reporter/scientist. If they wanted to get rid of him, I would at least hope it happened after a few episodes showing that he didn't fit.

And then Barry tells Oliver about it and Oliver says, "Yeah, I still haven't figured out how to beat that one."

I didn't get the Barry/Caitlin vibes, at least no more than in the karaoke episode. Caitlin just doesn't give off vibes at all. She's cold. And I assume that's on purpose.

There's room for Henry in Team Flash as a comforter who wasn't also a cop/reporter/scientist. If they wanted to get rid of him, I would at least hope it happened after a few episodes showing that he didn't fit.

It would have been far more believable if Henry had given Barry a speech that consisted of "Barry, listen, I've been locked up for 14 years and there's a lot of strange tail out there that's calling my name. If the RV is a rockin' don't come a knockin', if you know what I'm saying. Deuces kid."

Back