• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Posting here because the Netflix thread is ded, anybody watching "The Path" on Hulu? The hippie cult show with Aaron Paul (Jesse from Breaking Bad). I really like it so far. The last episode was the best IMO

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Agent May is in Gwen Stacey's spot on that cover.

Also "May" is written in the top left. Is that because May is the month it's being aired? Mmmmmmaybe. Maybe not?

The Netflix thread seems to be one that drops down a few pages but then someone BTTTs it and it becomes active again for a while then the cycle begins again. I've got "The Path" on my to-do list. I'm focusing on a couple other series now but I imagine I"ll start watching when all the episodes are released (late May).

Wait, "late May"? More proof of who dies on SHIELD.

May has run her course unfortunately. Makes sense that they'd have Daisy lose another mother.

The final episode of the Daredevil-Punisher arc is great. Some of the best comic book story telling I've ever seen in TV or film.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This has been a pretty emotionally charged, high stakes half season of AOS. Hard to fathom how far this show has come in just three seasons.

Netflix has ordered a Punisher series.

2 thoughts on Punisher

1) Woo hoo!
2) LOL at the Marvel reps (maybe it was even Feige) that were saying "we have no Punisher plans" not too long ago. Of course there were always Punisher plans, even if they were simply, "Let's gauge the reaction from Daredevil S2 to the character."

2 thoughts on Punisher

1) Woo hoo!
2) LOL at the Marvel reps (maybe it was even Feige) that were saying "we have no Punisher plans" not too long ago. Of course there were always Punisher plans, even if they were simply, "Let's gauge the reaction from Daredevil S2 to the character."

Probably. I will say the fact Inhumans keeps getting pushed back makes me think all Marvel sides make up things as they go along. Who knows if the original plan was one season each of the four or however many seasons they could fit in plus Punisher before doing Defenders.

Flexibility just shows how on top of their game Marvel really is. They show they are masters of the long game and universe-building by laying out titles until 2025 or whenever, but they are also bright enough to gauge the reaction to certain characters and alter plans accordingly. As opposed to stupid DC, who saw the reaction to dark and grim Superman and decided to double on darker and grimmer superman v. batman.

"Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal, Casualty) will serve as showrunner."
Looking him up on IMDB, he wrote 20 episodes of Hannibal, which was an incredible show. As he was also producer, I bet he knows how to get the most out of the budget. I think Punisher fans are gonna be very happy.

The director of the Flash movie bailed over "creative differences." DC movies are a dumpster fire.

LoT is still better than Gotham.

Light years ahead of Gotham. I almost went back to Gotham when I heard they were doing Azrael but then I remember how they've pretty much fucked up every other story they've tried to do so what's the point.

Directors leave movies, it happens, even to Marvel. So I don't take that as indicative of a dumpster fire. It may even be a plus, Flash was going to be this guy's first gig in the director's chair. They may well make an upgrade.

Now if this is true

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/29/aquaman-rumor-james-wan-may-be-next-dc-director-to-exit

then the dumpster's certainly getting very very warm, hot to the touch.

Yeah, but DC isn't starting from the same line Marvel is. That said, I did read a rumor that Geoff Johns and Affleck will have complete creative control over the Batman movie. So that might actually turn out really well.

DC should have taken a more measured approach rather than throwing everything at the kitchen sink.

DC should have taken a more measured approach rather than throwing everything at the kitchen sink.

This. Tell an actual story. They just crammed a bunch of scenes together ending up with a mess of meh.

Back