• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I'm going to see that Civil War movie tomorrow night at the theater that has food and beer. Gonna eat some wings, edamame, pizza, and drink some drafts. Also, totally rooting for Captain America.

Be careful out there. I relaxed my guard and abandoned my guiding principle to read no comments and got spoiled with a casualty report.

I'm not even reading past the first line of this post for fear of spoilers.

VaJ9t.png

Supergirl may move to CW for Season 2. Should have been there to begin with, but CBS wanted to compete with AOS and Gotham I guess.

Supergirl may move to CW for Season 2. Should have been there to begin with, but CBS wanted to compete with AOS and Gotham I guess.

I wonder if they will try to sync the realities if they move to the CW.

I wonder if they will try to sync the realities if they move to the CW.

Wouldn't necessarily need to unless they want to have Kara and Oliver interact. But they could always have some kind of TV analog of a Crisis event or Convergence via Legends of Tomorrow.

Speaking of Legends, I'm not quite caught up, but I feel like there's potential on that show. Just needs fewer characters, but the addition of Booster Gold has me intrigued.

Is Booster Gold's addition a real thing? I hadn't heard of that and the Google box didn't shed any light for me.

I did watch a few minutes of Legends last week when I read about a fight between a giant robot and the Atom who has developed embiggening capabilities now I guess. Any time there's a giant robot, that's my catnip, I have to watch that. Sadly it looked about like a cutscene for a PS3 game. Then the rest of the show interspersed with that fight pretty much confirmed for me that ignoring the show was the right call. They really screwed the pooch with Vandal Savage, he seems to have been taken directly from the Super Friends.

My prediction for Supergirl is that she'll stay in her own universe. If (when) there's some Crisis/convergence, they should do it holistically to include movies too, is what I say.

Tonight's episode of Legends Of Tomorrow was one of the worst of the series. They went out of their way to highlight some of the more ridiculous plot lines of the series and everything Ray Palmer did in this episode was just dumb.

Overall, the show is still hit or miss. I've found a few of the episodes to be pretty entartaining. The inclusion of Heatwave and Captain Cold on the team actually proved to make the show more interesting despite my initial impression. I still wish they would kill off Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Rip Hunter, and Firestorm.

Booster Gold hasn't shown up yet and won't this season from what I've read.

If DC had their act together, they'd eventually do a Crisis event over an entire year that spanned each TV show and two or three movies.

Watching Winter Soldier. Such a good movie. If everything works out in the morning, I'll be watching Civil War in 9 hours. My 3 year old picked out his Captain America shirt to wear to bed tonight all on his own. Good omen that he'll cooperate so I can drop him off on time.

I forgot Jasper Sitwell specifically said "Stephen Strange" was a target of Project Insight. RIP Gary Shandling.

Last edited:
Is Booster Gold's addition a real thing? I hadn't heard of that and the Google box didn't shed any light for me.

I did watch a few minutes of Legends last week when I read about a fight between a giant robot and the Atom who has developed embiggening capabilities now I guess. Any time there's a giant robot, that's my catnip, I have to watch that. Sadly it looked about like a cutscene for a PS3 game. Then the rest of the show interspersed with that fight pretty much confirmed for me that ignoring the show was the right call. They really screwed the pooch with Vandal Savage, he seems to have been taken directly from the Super Friends.

My prediction for Supergirl is that she'll stay in her own universe. If (when) there's some Crisis/convergence, they should do it holistically to include movies too, is what I say.

I've read they cast Booster for the finale, but maybe that changed.

DATE: May 10, 1999
I have news for Shaquille O'Neal that any good high school basketball coach could tell him: You shoot free throws with your legs.

DATE: January 14, 1999
So ESPN has taken it upon itself to name the 50 best games and athletes of the Century? Is this the same ESPN who several years ago picked what it thought were the top college basketball teams of the century and only found room for one UCLA team, 68-69, omitting the undefeated 71-73 teams of Bill Walton and the 67-68 team of Lew Alcindor and Lucius Allen, clearly the three best teams ever? Is this the same ESPN who last Friday broadcast a show where sportscaster Curt Gowdy said that "somebody" lost a fly ball in the sun to cost Lefty Grove and the Philadelphia Athletics a 1-0 lead in the game and the 1931 World Series? Well, excuse me, ESPN, it wasn't 1931, but 1929, and it wasn't a 1-0 lead but an 8-0 lead, and the Cubs blew it, not the Athletics, in the 7th inning of the 4th game, and the "somebody" was Cubs' Center Fielder Hack Wilson who lost a ball in the sun, which contributed to the Athletics' 10 run comeback victory, and Lefty Grove didn't start a game in the Series, and only pitched 4 innings. Sorry, but this sloppy network too lazy to check facts and so full of eastern bias won't get my attention.

DATE: January 13, 1999
For me, what set Babe Ruth apart was his ability to rise to the occasion. The first game in Yankee Stadium? Babe hit a home run to win it. The first All Star game? Babe hit a home run to win it. Babe Ruth was truly the Michael Jordan of baseball.

DATE: February 22, 1998
I can tell the Clinton Administration how to get the American people to lose interest in the Monica Lewinsky matter: Give CBS Sports the exclusive right to cover it.

This guy was tweeting long before Twitter.

Back