• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

It seems like Legion is in a universe similar to the traditional X-Universe in which classic characters are manifest in different ways. Sydney is clearly Rogue. Jean Smart and Bill Irwin are both Prof X. Summerland is the Xavier School.

So this could be a Mojo type character who plays a different role in this Legion-verse.

True or not, I really like this theory.

I don't know anything about the Legion comics except for what I've read about them online, but apparently if they wanted to go the Mojo rout, it would have to be completely new as Legion and Mojo were never in the same comic storyline. Fox does have the rights to all of the X Men, right? While someone like Cyclops or Wolverine may steal the show, more complimentary mutants like Colossus or Rogue could definitely fit. (Again, I'm not sure who Legion hangs out with in the comics).

I'm going to go back and watch both episodes to double check, but I feel like they are intentionally not showing "The Devil With Yellow Eyes" lower half; which further points in the direction of Mojo, since his lower half is mechanical, if not slug-like.

The only 2 other guesses I've read are The Shadow King and some thing named Fiend. Both seem to fit into Legion's world better than Mojo.

Comics create a world in which superpowers are commonplace. A real life analog to Superman would be an elite athlete like Lebron or Tom Brady mixed with an actual hero.

And we would hope that the actual hero wouldn't be garbage people like Brady or LeBron.

the only example we have of super powered human beings resulted in basically all of them being assholes with the possible exception of Harry Truman. pretty sure real-life Superman or X-people would be awful, awful beings

Yeah. Imagine someone like Milo with the superpowers of Plastic Man. That would be annoying AF.

I don't think Legion is going to map neatly onto current X lore. The only attribute of comic book David Haller I am confident will carry over to the tv series is his dissociative identity disorder. I expect he'll prove to be a great example of an unreliable narrator, so at this point, I'm really not trusting anything as being "real".

Despite some physical similarities, I'm very confident that's not actually Mojo that's the "Devil With the Yellow Eyes". An overlord of a tv based dimension doesn't really fit with the tone of the series. I think the series is going to be more grounded than that.

Jean Smart is closer to Magneto than Xavier, what with her talk of winning some war, not that I think she maps to either.

Good point that her character could go either way. Her and Irwin could be Magneto and Xavier.

I haven't watched Legion, so reading this conversation is really confusing. Why are people other people?

Legion is in an alternate x universe. Not movie continuity so some of the x characters might be used as a template for a legion counterpart. Or not.

Legion takes the spot for top superhero show for me I think.

I'm also hopping off the Mojo train and moving toward the Shadow Man camp after this weeks episode.

Strong work by Agents of SHIELD tonight.

It's a shame ABC cancelled Agent Carter to put Hayley Atwell on that show that already got cancelled. I hate these long AOS breaks.

that was maybe the best episode of the series so far. definitely top 3.

Legion makes my head hurt and I mean that in a good way. I find that I pause and "rewind" (whatever the right term is for moving the online stream back) more than for anything else. Unfortunately, it seems most of the details I'm looking for are blurry. Like a poster in a room that had a title that I just couldn't make out. I thought it may have said "Legion" but I dunno.

I'll also give props to AoS for a tense episode that had some surprises. That show's come a long way with this LMD arc.

In comparison, the CW shows are filling me with a sense of "whatevah". I still like Legends best of the bunch right now, though I'm getting a little tired of "we have to find a reason to keep Firestorm from forming because he would solve the problem immediately", which is the general problem with an OP character.

that was maybe the best episode of the series so far. definitely top 3.

Of the top of my head, I'd go with Tuesday's ep, Jemma on that planet, and the first ep after Winter Soldier as the top 3.

This is clearly the best season so far. They dropped two anchors in Lincoln and Ward and lost two of their best characters in Bobbie and Hunter which was a net positive. I would like to have Bobbie and Hunter back but I don't miss them if that makes sense. Going from two short seasons to three arcs has helped creatively. I do wish Agent Carter was back though.

I'm a little wary of the new arc. It reminds me of the last season of LOST. The mysteries of what happened to each character are interesting. Not sure who Fitz is getting out of the car with. I assume May is trying to change her situation. I was hoping for Jemma's hand to burst out of the ground. I'm not happy Ward is back. At this point, they've earned my trust.

to be fair, Ward is coming back next week apparently. I was in the camp that didn't mind Ward all that much (until the gritty end where he started whining a bunch I guess), though. The end of Tuesday's ep ("Lincoln...?" /pan to picture of Ward) was pretty fun.

The Lincoln-Ward bit was fun, but much of that was simply Daisy getting out of the tub. And for the record, "next week" is sometime in April.

Last edited:
I got really excited for a minute because it was 2 in the morning and read that CW was creating a Nightwing show.

Then I woke up and saw that WB is creating a Nightwing movie...

Blink and Warpath will be fun additions. I think this show has potential to be fun.

The latest Powerless actually gave me a few chuckles. This is by no means an enthusiastic endorsement, but I give them props for going from "bleh" to "eh". The premise for the episode was enough to reel me in - Emily dates a Riddler henchman.

Back