• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Yeah. I have recording but not keeping eps. I saw that description and saved it.

Legion takes the spot for top superhero show for me I think.

I'm also hopping off the Mojo train and moving toward the Shadow Man camp after this weeks episode.

Yeah, my "no legs" theory took a hit this week.

2 other things that caught my attention more so this week that I'm not sure whether they have been doing the entire time or not:

In the scenes with "the devil with yellow eyes" he has noticeable shadows outlining him. I know he's been in the shadows, but this is the first time I noticed them actually accentuating him with shadows. That leads me more to the Shadow King theory.

But just to keep the Mojoverse theory alive: In at least one scene, one of the interrogation scenes, they clearly made it to look like it was being watched from either a television or security camera. Obviously security camera point of views aren't new, and I may be fishing here, but I thought the graphics they chose for static on the "security camera" looked a lot like television lines. They also had the sides blacked out like it was limited by a square, television screen.

In my opinion, Mojo would just be way too meta in several ways. A: They'd have to be able to round out and explain a very strange universe. B: They'd have to break entirely from the comics for this season (from everything I've read, Mojo and Legion never appeared in the same comic) C: Mojo would change the entire tone from that of horror and confusion to more of a 4th person comedy.

Agree with DeacHead that there are so many things that will warrant a re-watch if they can complete this season. It really seems like the type of show that is becoming more and more popular, in that it is designed to be discussed and broken down online to see who noticed what.

Final note, Dan Stevens may be about to rule 2017 between Legion and "Beauty and the Beast". Big time breakout year for him.

Last edited:
Finally got around to binge watching Luke Cage last week/this weekend. Did people actually like this? I thought it was easily the weakest Marvel Netflix series. Mahershala Ali was the best part, but he wasn't in it enough and when he was his part felt underwritten. Really the whole series felt underwritten as there were fairly large plotholes/dumb character motivations throughout.

Don't understand why these Marvel shows are 13 episodes. If they made them a leaner 8 episodes with all the best portions of what they ended up making they'd all be stronger.

Finally got around to binge watching Luke Cage last week/this weekend. Did people actually like this? I thought it was easily the weakest Marvel Netflix series. Mahershala Ali was the best part, but he wasn't in it enough and when he was his part felt underwritten. Really the whole series felt underwritten as there were fairly large plotholes/dumb character motivations throughout.

Don't understand why these Marvel shows are 13 episodes. If they made them a leaner 8 episodes with all the best portions of what they ended up making they'd all be stronger.

While I wasn't as crazy about Luke Cage from a plot stand point after Cottonmouth, I thought it matched JJ and surpassed DD in theme.

I liked Cage, but looking back I'd say there was a lot of missed opportunity to create something great. It seems to be the consensus that post Cottonmouth, the series was comparatively a letdown. Even Colter said as much https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...ke-colter-just-admit-that-killing-off-a148126.

It's not only that Ali just won an Oscar, but Cottonmouth had depth and earned some sympathy. Diamondback just had big brother/daddy issues (maybe it was little bro, I don't remember).

Think it was big half brother that dad did not care much about. Cotton mouth was much better.

Diamondback was worse than Cottonmouth, but Mariah and Shades carried the villain side. The Netflix villains have been fantastic.

Sony has to be kicking themselves. They had Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone fronting Spider-man and couldn't do shit with them.

Nice to see Captain Marvel representing as last year's Best Actress.

Diamondback was worse than Cottonmouth, but Mariah and Shades carried the villain side. The Netflix villains have been fantastic.

Sony has to be kicking themselves. They had Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone fronting Spider-man and couldn't do shit with them.

Nice to see Captain Marvel representing as last year's Best Actress.

Because Ali is an outstanding actor. Shea Serrano was great as Shades too.

Working link:

They've done well with trailer progression, just giving us a bit more with each one.

Logan down to 93% now (n=100, makes the math easy).

I, for one, am relegating all my Legion talk to this thread, where it belongs.

how did i not realize who the bad guys in logan are? had absolutely no clue.

the reavers

how did i not realize who the bad guys in logan are? had absolutely no clue.

the reavers

Heh, I was debating clicking on that spoiler, and was going to ask how big of a spoiler is it. Note to self, quoting a spoiler box displays the spoiler in the edit screen. Fortunately, I don't know who that is, so it wasn't a big spoiler for me.

Last edited:
did not know that either. sorry. agree its pretty minor and does not give really away anything about the plot. it does make sense in the world they are building from the trailers though.

I got tix for me and a few coworkers to go see it tomorrow in IMAX. I'm pretty excited.

Logan is a crossover with Firefly??? That is a big frikkin' spoiler.

Trying to decide if Logan is IMAX worthy. I'm thinking not. The term "IMAX worthy" is with regards to visuals only and it doesn't look to be a cinematographic spectacle.

ETA - I'd be so happy if the movie included this guy, as shown in comics
latest

Last edited:
Inhumans gets casting. Theon from GoT will be Maximus, some other no names will be black bolt / medusa

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-inhumans-taps-serinda-swan-as-female-lead-982015

I got busted for calling him Theon, so I'm going to pay it backward, it's Ramsay.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...s-(91-on-RT)?p=2754183&viewfull=1#post2754183

Has anyone watched something and some unknown actor/actress struck you as so hot you added them to a "watch list" of sorts to see when s/he pops up again? No? Well I do and the woman in the Inhumans movie, Serinda Swan, is just such an example. I saw her on Smallville as Zatanna and... damn, she fine.

Back