• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

Actually, here is my other problem with the prequels that I just can't reconcile. I mean this REALLY bothers me. Luke gets dropped off on Tatooine at the end of episode three and then episode 4 picks up 18 years later when he is trying to transmit his application to the Imperial Academy, etc. So... when he is dropped off, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru look like this:

Beru-owen-luke.jpg

Then 18 years later they look like this:

Beru_Lars_001.jpg

And this:

OwenLars2.jpg

I mean, I know life in the desert is hard, but DAMN, it's only been 18 years...

Of course, they soon look like this:

beru-lars-dead.jpg

Also, if you have the time, check this blog out on the change in "coolness" of Star Wars characters appearing in both trilogies. It is NSFW, but totally worth it...

http://timkraemer.blogspot.com/2009/05/star-wars-character-coolness-before.html

Actually, here is my other problem with the prequels that I just can't reconcile. I mean this REALLY bothers me. Luke gets dropped off on Tatooine at the end of episode three and then episode 4 picks up 18 years later when he is trying to transmit his application to the Imperial Academy, etc. So... when he is dropped off, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru look like this:

Beru-owen-luke.jpg

Then 18 years later they look like this:

Beru_Lars_001.jpg

And this:

OwenLars2.jpg

I mean, I know life in the desert is hard, but DAMN, it's only been 18 years...

Of course, they soon look like this:

beru-lars-dead.jpg

Also, if you have the time, check this blog out on the change in "coolness" of Star Wars characters appearing in both trilogies. It is NSFW, but totally worth it...

http://timkraemer.blogspot.com/2009/05/star-wars-character-coolness-before.html

man, back in the 70s 18 year olds looked like 40 year olds do today. so its only reasonable for 40 years olds to have looked like 60 year olds

It's hard to even comprehend at this point how bad the trilogies fucked up. They made a ton of money, but they pissed on cinematic greatness. The CGI in Jurassic Park makes the prequels look like a cartoon.

I still think a lot of the anger towards the prequels would have been mitigated by them not re-doing the originals with the CGI bullshit. People went in to Episode I pissed off.

I still think a lot of the anger towards the prequels would have been mitigated by them not re-doing the originals with the CGI bullshit. People went in to Episode I pissed off.

Not going to lie, I had major anger over that. Before it even blew up all over the Internet I was going apeshit about Han shooting first. It completely changes his character at the BEGINNING of his character arc. WTH?

I think it's telling that the least changed of all the originals is Empire. Not much you could add/change to that one to fuck it up. With that said, one of my most hated changes in all the originals is in Empire. After Luke and Vader's fight, Vader used to come out into the hallway with the Stormtroopers and angrily say, "Bring my shuttle!" For some reason they changed that to some BS about "prepare my shuttle for flight from..." Whatever. Vader was pissed. Leave it alone!

Interesting thought. I wonder if Disney will re-release the original Star Wars, not remastered, on DVD and/or Blu-Ray.

Interesting thought. I wonder if Disney will re-release the original Star Wars, not remastered, on DVD and/or Blu-Ray.

I wish this would happen. I still say the definitive, best set is the THX remastered VHS versions. I am going to shut up now, because I just sound like:

luke_skywalker_whining.jpg

I think it's telling that the least changed of all the originals is Empire. Not much you could add/change to that one to fuck it up.

Well, except for Luke screaming like a little bitch after nobly falling off the thing after Vader tells him he's Luke's father.

that would be awesome. mainly for the chance to see that green woman's tit again.

I had forgotten just how bad the prequels were. Which is not surprising since after seeing them in the theater I never bought them on DVD nor did have a desire to see them. I think I might have watched them on TV at some point.

OTOH, I can still watch the originals, no problem. The post from Raleigh was eye opening. I had forgotten Anakin's mother responding "there was no father" when Obi-Wan asks about it. Everyone likes to just say "Jar-Jar" when asked why the prequels sucked, but there are so many other things wrong that don't get the attention they should.

The political part of the story was good; seeing how the Empire came to power was probably the best done part of the story. Of course, it's a story line that history has written for you, so it should be tough to mess that part up.

Of all the stuff that got me from the clip, realizing that there was a child sized helmet and googles in the Anakin's fighter did it.

Of all the stuff that got me from the clip, realizing that there was a child sized helmet and googles in the Anakin's fighter did it.

He did video reviews for the other two, too. He's a pretty funny guy.

Not a big fan of the absurd humor. The whole girl in the basement gag wasn't funny.

Yeah, that stuff didn't get me (and it's prevalent in the other reviews too), but I think his breakdowns are pretty hilarious. And he spends most of the RotS review mispronouncing Grievous, which got me every time.

The version of the prequels that is in the LEGO Star Wars game is pretty entertaining. So much so that the first time I had played it, it tricked me into thinking that the prequels were actually pretty good. Then I watched them again to dispel that misconception.

So I did an Arrow marathon tonight to catch up, and I have to say I'm impressed. Not what I was expecting at all. The conflicted anti-hero persona works well for this character, and even though it has all the trappings of a CW show, the production value is pretty high and the story is relatively engaging so far. Plus it's cool to see villains like Deadshot and Deathstroke, and I hear they're introducing Huntress next week. I'm glad some of the characters from DC not named Luthor and Joker are getting some play in this series.

It made me start wondering if CW will invest in any more DC characters...first one that came to mind is Flash, who desperately needs this type of treatment.

Look up the proposed Bruce Wayne pilot that led to Smallville. Needed work but it had promise.

Wonder Woman went to pilot last year but apparently was a mysogynistic disaster.

So I did an Arrow marathon tonight to catch up, and I have to say I'm impressed. Not what I was expecting at all. The conflicted anti-hero persona works well for this character, and even though it has all the trappings of a CW show, the production value is pretty high and the story is relatively engaging so far. Plus it's cool to see villains like Deadshot and Deathstroke, and I hear they're introducing Huntress next week. I'm glad some of the characters from DC not named Luthor and Joker are getting some play in this series.

It made me start wondering if CW will invest in any more DC characters...first one that came to mind is Flash, who desperately needs this type of treatment.

Bringing in real villains has been a pleasant surprise for Arrow. There's certainly more Deathstroke in store which is alright by me, he's one of my favorite comic characters. He's interesting to have since he's superior to Oliver, physically and mentally, at least in the comics. Of course the pilot already gave us the spoiler, when it showed Deathstroke's mask on an arrow.

Oh and, just a nerd culture fyi, a new BSG series is on Youtube now (first 2 eps), "Blood and Chrome".

Okay, here's your crazy-ass Star Wars rumor of the day. As we know, Darth Vader bites it in Return of the Jedi -- like, full-on roasts in a fire, turns into a ghost, end of story, right? Well, according to the British tabloid Express.co.uk, an "industry insider" claims that Disney is looking to resurrect the iconic villain for Star Wars: Episode VII.

"He's an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible," one source says. "The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films."

vader.jpg

Back