• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Alan Moore on CBM

Third anniversary of Scorsese saying MCU movies were Theme Parks was a few days ago and yesterday somebody happened to write a "critical" article about his entire directing career with this graf

How did the Lower Decks team not get first dibs at that character

This was a case of "too much in the trailer". His reintroduction could have been a special moment, like with the Guardian of Forever in Discovery. The trailer already did its job - next gen crew, Worf's a pacifist, Enterprise F, Christopher Plummer's daughter, Lore... with all that I was already on board.
Going to try to get my 10 year old to watch it and Star Trek Prodigy.
This earns my vote for "Dad of the Year"

Yeah Moriarty and then also Lore. Way too much.

Also what’s Moriarty’s issue? He owes Picard his existence. Maybe it a red herring.

I hope to see you on a panel one of these days Ph.

Also I hope you got to go to this panel yesterday, I would have made a beeline for this one. Czarface got a couple of tracks on the Venom soundtrck apparently because Hardy dug their music so he called Esoteric directly to ask him to make some songs.

Sounds like there was great Star Trek stuff for your wife, most of the Next Gen crew was there, hopefully assuring everyone that Picard S3 won't suck.

Just now I just saw this:

What the hell, I'm all in, of course.

My buddy today:

“So the Computer created Moriarty, the only villain strong enough to defeat Data, right? I bet they pull Moriarty out of the holo Cube as an ally to defeat Lore”

Third anniversary of Scorsese saying MCU movies were Theme Parks was a few days ago and yesterday somebody happened to write a "critical" article about his entire directing career with this graf

Here is my thing with the Scorsese bit. I think he is correct on his general critique of the general audiences desire for superheroes and a lack of desire for artistic expression. More importantly I think he is correct in the way streaming (and home movies/DVDs before it) changed cinema

The problem is almost all of Scorsese films are films that he adapted or ripped off someone else. I kind of have a problem with him talking about purity of film, especially when his biggest critique of Marvel is that there “are no surprises”. Well there isn’t surprised in any of his works either because they are all remakes

I feel like with casting someone like Harrison Ford in that role all is a pretty strong hint at Red Hulk at some point, right?

Werewolf by Night was really cool. It was definitely an homage to old monster movies and it delivered. I was pleasantly surprised considering I heard nothing at all about this until it showed up on D+.

Yes. Just know it's a comedy that has some trouble finding itself. It's a pretty quick watch. 9 episodes 22-27 min each.

We enjoyed it for what it is. Agree a little messy at tines. Kids enjoyed she-hulk but they (especially the youngest) got really confused during a piece of the finale. It didn't bother me though. You'll know it when it happens.

My wife said She-Hulk was her favorite D+ character but least favorite show. I think she clarified it was second lease behind Moon Knight.

I agree but I definitely liked it.

Is She Hulk worth a watch?
It’s ok. I think it was fairly poorly written and would have benefited from taking itself more seriously to help the comedy and 4th wall breaks land better. The legal stuff is mostly just a hodgepodge of legal jargon word salad. I still liked most of the episodes but it’s bottom tier MCU in my opinion.

Yeah. The 1st episode which very little legal stuff and the origin story and the 8th episode with more legal stuff and Daredevil were the best episodes that seemed to have a specific purpose and tone. Defintely bottom tier MCU but I'm looking forward to seeing She-Hulk show up in other shows and films.

Anybody planning to see Black Adam tomorrow (or has seen it tonight)? I saw good reviews, especially for DC, but it only has 44% on RT. It's projected to have a $135M opening weekend which would on par with The Batman.

Black Adam was OK. Solid for DCEU but not something to rebuild the entire franchise around. They should consider giving up on a shared universe.

Sounds pretty standard for DCEU. Solid movie, nothing to build on?

But they will build on it. Yes.

If you’ve liked most DCEU films, you’ll like this one. It’s got the aesthetic. I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say it has lots of slow mo and weird music choices.

Back