• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

They definitely talked as if AIM and Centipede are two different organizations. But maybe they just haven't realized the tie between them yet.

Next week's episode is supposed to completely change the direction of the show according to the teaser. I was thinking a member of the team gets killed/severely wounded leading to the introduction of Bill Paxton's new character in a couple of episodes, but I've not seen any rumors that any of the current cast is going anywhere.

Going back to the final scene of last week's episode, Mike Peterson was missing a leg. Considering the fancy cybernetic limb they will probably need to fix him combined with the eye implant, I think they're moving towards developing cyborgs as super powered characters for the show. So maybe my Deathlok guess last summer wasn't too far off. In the comics, Agent John Garrett (the agent Bill Paxton plays) also becomes a cyborg after a severe injury.

AOS is off for two weeks and returns in Feb. I hope they don't kill off characters after just making them interesting. Adding more characters to continue linking them to the broader SHIELD would help.

Since the mid-season finale, it finally feels like AOS is building towards something, so that's exciting. I am looking forward to the next episode.

I look forward to seeing how people will bash tonight's AOS. Strong episode. Origin story for a established character in the comics. Skye's mystery is resolved with a good follow up mystery to come. Good character development.

Oh yeah, the world building was fantastic too. Specific references to enemy organizations. A nice Cap/Cap 2 reference.

have not watched last night's episode yet but i am excited that they seem to be answering questions (what happened to colson, skye etc) in a reasonable time frame rather than making those hang around and just teasing them.

Some huge Batman/Superman and Justice League movies casting and release speculation.

Can't paste the link on tapatalk. Just go to Latino Review. The big one is that both movies may film at the same time and release within a year of each other.

man, have to say one thing for capitalism, it's sure doing wonders for comic book properties in the movies

There is a rumor that they're looking at Johnny Depp to play Dr. Strange.
Johnny Depp IS strange, but I don't think he'd be a good Dr. Strange. Maybe Dr. Strangelove, but not Dr. Strange. Dr. Strange is quite normal and rational w/o all of the bizarre idiosyncrasies that Depp seems to want to bring to all his characters as of late.

Good write up about Mike Peterson possibly being turned into Deathlok at http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/01/07/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-spoilers-was-that-deathlok/

Includes speculation SHIELD could be behind the eye messages to him.

I've been thinking this for a while. I really got suspicious when Victoria Hand claimed they were taking down Centipede operations all over the Globe, yet we never see any proof of it. I think it's all foreshadowing The Winter Soldier. I think by the end of Avengers 2, SHIELD as an entity will either be in shambles or become outright antagonists.

Interview with Amazing Spider-man 2 writer about a Sinister Six movie, Amazing Spider-man 4, and Venom.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/1...e-brock-venom-and-the-future-of-the-franchise

In television, you get a great team of writers together, a writing staff, and you're working on five episodes at once. You're prepping one, you're shooting one, you're writing one, you're posting one, and you're trying to make sure they're consistent over 13 or 22 episodes. That's how we learned how to do things. So it's funny in the movie business, and you have different things being done by different teams and they're not all communicating with each other. So when we talked about our interest in all this stuff, we said, "Well, the way would want to do it is kind of go to a TV model," and then the distinction between the quality of TV and film has gone away. They're both equally viable, awesome storytelling formats. So the idea of, let's get a core group of writers and producers and directors -- and even though I might not be the one writing Venom, I'll be in the meetings talking about how to make it interesting. We could be putting in easter eggs and planning ahead in the previous movies, and then that guy over there is going to write that movie, and Ed Solomon's gonna write another one with us. So having a committee, a board, of people who are creative, who are filmmaker, who just keep it all together, that's kind of going back to the way we started.

Agents of SHIELD and Arrow return (superhero media thread)

I think rushing it was the worst sign. This is reasonable. They'd getting outgunned by Marvel Studios and Sony and Fox are creating their universes much faster.

I guess it's troublesome because I see Marvel mapping things out years in advance while DC still can't seem to figure out exactly what they want to do.

No doubt but rushing this movie would have been a worse sign.

Just found out that the Marvel Universe Live tour starts in Tampa on July 10. So hyped.

This thing looks ridiculous. Update on the Marvel Experience traveling show.

Inside will be a 4D motion ride, 3D animated short films, digital projects, virtual reality and holographic simulators, and plenty of merchandise opportunities. More than $30 million has been invested into this project.

So the tour has been announced. It kicks off with 7 shows in 4 days in Tampa then 7 shows in 4 days in Raleigh. There are 3 shows on Saturday at 11, 3, and 7 suggesting the show runs 2.5-3 hours.

Most of the announced dates are on the east coast. Prices range from $47.50 to $134.75 in Tampa.

Back