• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Great finale with lots of potential (and ramifications) for next season. Have no clue what that last scene meant... Coulson losing his mind like Garrett was starting to? There have been a lot of discussions through the season about him not sleeping.

Godzilla and X-Men: Days of Futures Past coming up in May

The drawing looks familiar...but I can't think of what it actually is or how it plays with the cosmic theme.

Last edited:
What if it isn't cosmic related at all? Could they be introducing Magic as a set up for Dr Strange? Those symbols look like they could be mystic...and if we are talking Strange, then we could also be talking Defenders. Could AOS start setting up the Netflix series?

I'm sure there's something bigger those symbols meant and unless it's related to the comics, I don't think we're supposed to know yet.

What I do know is 3 people took the serum or a derivation of it. Up to now, it was strange that all 3 had completely different reactions. Coulson went through hell, although much of that was the TAHITI process. Skye was fine. It was like Robitussin to her. Garrett saw the universe and gained super strength. What the final scene told us is that Coulson's reaction was more similar than we thought and he sees an even bigger picture of "the universe" than Garrett saw.

My best guess is we'll see something similar in Guardians of the Galaxy and it will connect to either the Kree or Thanos.

Who knows what the deal with Skye's parents are? All I can tell is that Skye's dad is who Raina may really have been working for this whole time. He could be anybody. I'll guess Mandarin because that just sounds cool as hell. On one message board, I saw someone suggest she could be Red Skull's granddaughter and the only person with the super soldier serum in her except for Captain America. I don't know. I'm so satisfied from that finale, I'm fine that they left that for the next season.

That was fun. I love when a season finale rewards you for watching the entire season/series. It wasn't as good as the Parks & Rec season finale, but that was one of the all-time great season finales. But it did pay off. Usually when everything wraps up as neatly as this, it comes across as forced and artificial. In this case, they set it up pretty well. Skye was an established elite hacker, so it didn't feel like a deux et machina when she hacked into their computers. It was established that May and Ward were both Level A- badasses (Black Widow and Hawkeye being Level A) so their fight made sense and worked. The "you were never on top" line brought back their history well. Fitz and Simmons were established to be geniuses who work well together. So their solution made sense. Sure I didn't understand all the physics and math of it, but it made sense that Fitz couldn't come up with something by himself and that he would sacrifice himself for Simmons.

I really like how Fury was used here. I was not expecting that at all. He factored into the storyline and gave the show far more legitimacy than he did last time he showed up to complain about the plane. It made sense that he was using a SHIELD frequency. We learn he has his own Coulson style covert team working with him. He was briefed about Garrett and came prepared to fight.

I thought it was weird that they would just kill off Patton Oswald, so as goofy as a twin is, I was very happy to see him return. Also, the "incentives program" was very inventive and made sense. The whole Cybertek reveal was interesting. Sad to see it go. I wish we had learned more about it.

Of course, what I really liked is that as with all things Marvel, there were consequences. Poor Fitz may be brain dead. Raina and Ian are still out there. Obviously, there are bigger HYDRA threads and all the released prisoners out there. There's a much larger battle and it makes sense that Season 2 will be about rebuilding SHIELD.

I don't know if I've made this case here, but as far as we know right now Agents of SHIELD is the only story being told in the Marvel Cinematic Universe between Guardians of the Galaxy (8/1/14) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (5/1/15). We don't know when Daredevil will come out on Netflix (I'd bet after Age of Ultron). We do know Age of Ultron is guaranteed to make obscene money at the box office and be the biggest movie of the year next year, possibly pass the $2B mark and challenge Titanic and Avatar (remember Avengers 1 grossed $623M in the US, $1.5B worldwide).

Disney/ABC/Marvel have every reason to give Agents of SHIELD a huge push. The hype machine for this show has been great since The Winter Soldier. There were several very favorable articles about the show in the press today. I'm sure reviews of this episode are strong. It's going to get some good hype going into next season and should get a considerable bump in viewership. At this point, it would be a smart move by Marvel to put Agents of SHIELD in one of the Guardians of the Galaxy post-credit spots, perhaps a scene in which Coulson and his team go to Stark and Hill for help putting SHIELD back together.

Last edited:
I assumed the hieroglyphics were Kree writings or schematics.

Sounds like Skye's dad/mom is just going to be some low to medium badguy from Marvel U.

Im not sold on the rebuilding Shield plotline. How are you going to re-start an organization that requires billions in funding and US govt authorization? Stark bankrolling them or letting them be his private security force initially until they earn their cred back seems to be the only logical answer.

Also, I assumed Patton Oswald was a clone or robot. Like Fury has one of those dudes in every secret hideout. He even said the same dialogue as the other Patton.

All in all just an above average show. There were moments of the finale last night that were very A-Team, and I dont mean that in a good way.

"There were moments of the finale last night that were very A-Team, and I dont mean that in a good way."

Does not compute.

I, too, assumed the Koenig character would be revealed as a LMD.

I'm also now wondering if maybe the drawings are somehow linked to either the Celestials or the Watchers. Garrett said he could see the universe. That could be the connection.

"There were moments of the finale last night that were very A-Team, and I dont mean that in a good way."

Does not compute.

You dont see the parallels? Add a little more campiness and AOS is turning into A-Team. A team of fighters who used to work for the government but now fights under their own banner. Each has a certain skill. Reality is often suspended. The budget for the show doesnt always allow for the level of special effects needed.

Humorous reparte lines during combat between Azn girl and white bro (you were never on top)
Use of randomly plugged in and available power tools as weapons.
Steal a tank and bust through a fence. Shoot first missle and you have 4-5 soldiers all diving away in different directions from the explosion.
Tank then shoots missle at the bunker, and it carves a perfectly flaming circle into a cheap looking painted plywood set wall.
Coulson and Fury, after they finally confront the dangerous enemy, trade lame one liners (You didnt tell me he was THIS crazy!!! Hahaaaa!)

Its just getting corny and that raid in last nights episode had classic 80s action drama tropes. Too silly for me.

Apparently, some sites are saying the scrawling on the wall are a reference to the Skrulls (or Chitauri in this universe).

Edit: I still think we could see the Celestials, though. It was mentioned that Raina was interested in Evolution...that could be a hint at the Celestials being involved.

Last edited:
You dont see the parallels? Add a little more campiness and AOS is turning into A-Team. A team of fighters who used to work for the government but now fights under their own banner. Each has a certain skill. Reality is often suspended. The budget for the show doesnt always allow for the level of special effects needed.

Humorous reparte lines during combat between Azn girl and white bro (you were never on top)
Use of randomly plugged in and available power tools as weapons.
Steal a tank and bust through a fence. Shoot first missle and you have 4-5 soldiers all diving away in different directions from the explosion.
Tank then shoots missle at the bunker, and it carves a perfectly flaming circle into a cheap looking painted plywood set wall.
Coulson and Fury, after they finally confront the dangerous enemy, trade lame one liners (You didnt tell me he was THIS crazy!!! Hahaaaa!)

Its just getting corny and that raid in last nights episode had classic 80s action drama tropes. Too silly for me.

Everything you just described sounds awesome. Haha.

TAB, that was pretty awesome. I don't know what else you're expecting on ABC at 8:00.

Yeah yeah yeah. I know.

Watch Arrow, and get back to me.

I've been meaning to come over here. I'm four episodes into Arrow and it is not good. The first episode was hilariously bad.

Here is the dialogue:
"I must fight for those that can't fight" - Arrow
"I will never forgive you for my sister (but then softens glare)" - Lawyer chick
"You're not my real dad!" - sister
"Stop leaving me!" - bodyguard
"I'll get to the bottom of this (glowers)" - cop/lawyer dad
"MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EVIL" - bad guy of the week

I've been meaning to come over here. I'm four episodes into Arrow and it is not good. The first episode was hilariously bad.

Here is the dialogue:
"I will never forgive you for my sister (but then softens glare)" - Lawyer chick

Stick with it. It gets a lot better. There is obviously some CW influence, but it does get a lot better towards the end of S1 all the way through the entirety of S2.

Here is the dialogue:

It doesn't get really good until the second half of the season. Stick with it. The last three episodes and on in to Season two has been my favorite television show this year.

Not sure if this means anything, but Oswalt's characters are Eric Koenig and Billy Koenig.

Koenig is a German nickname for a servant of a king.

Eric is a Norse name meaning eternal ruler or island ruler.

Billy is the nickname for William which means resolute protector.

Who knows.

Saw on another board that the equations were also in the "Eye Spy" episode from early in the season.

Back