• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

The one thing I was pretty sure of as I watched the movie was that no one would see it and be disappointed, particularly with the ending.

Completely agree with this, particularly the last part. While DKR didn't have the transcendent performance of a Ledger, it was more unified than the second and more flow than the first, and was, IMO, the best of the three. There were also some details that seemed minor at first, but came back to play a major role, my favorite of which was the blank slate, which he obviously used on himself at the end and has all kinds of thematic implications.

I thought the opposite, OGB. This film was significantly less unified that either of the previous films. It ultimately was too ambitious and the flow was pretty disjointed from trying to bite off too much. I was satisfied with the film, and found it worthy of the company of the previous iterations, but I just cannot get behind and analysis that has it as the best of the bunch. TDK was arguably one of the best films ever made. If you are arguing that this film was better, you are making a bold assessment.

Also, I saw it on a real IMAX screen and those IMAX scenes were unbelievable.

The football scene sort of bothered me, in a nit-picking way. I'll pay closer attention during a 2nd viewing but the density of the crowd seemed inconsistent. Anything shot from the field level made the lower ring look filled up. Wider shots of the stadium made the lower bowl look about 2/3 full, with the upper ring about 1/4 full. Just cgi a sell-out, it's a football game for chrissake, I'll assume it's whatever the DC equivalent to the NFL is so it should be sold out. As it was it looked like us playing Rutgers at Groves.

Bane might as well have been Jeep Swenson again (except that he's dead) with overdubbing, he was just a muscle guy that beat up Bats, arguably the least interesting foil for him since he will always find a way to defeat someone physically in a rematch.

I think its full until the explosion and then afterwards the crowd starts to thin out a bit (assuming people are leaving their seats as they try to escape). I had the same exact thought on the crowd density when watching though.

I thought the opposite, OGB. This film was significantly less unified that either of the previous films. It ultimately was too ambitious and the flow was pretty disjointed from trying to bite off too much. I was satisfied with the film, and found it worthy of the company of the previous iterations, but I just cannot get behind and analysis that has it as the best of the bunch. TDK was arguably one of the best films ever made. If you are arguing that this film was better, you are making a bold assessment.

Completely disagree. I thought the characters all tied back in together way better in this film. The last movie I felt like Dent and especially Two-Face were forced into the plot.

Are we allowed to go full out on spoilers in our discussion now?

There was no one who came close to Ledger's performance but Bale and Caine were fantastic. It probably falls just short of TDK to me but it's very close in my estimation.

I loved Bane's voice. We realized it was like someone doing an impersonation of Sean Connery(while drunk) trying to talk in a Darth Vader voice.

Completely disagree. I thought the characters all tied back in together way better in this film. The last movie I felt like Dent and especially Two-Face were forced into the plot.

Spot on, not to mention the fact that the theme of the psychological toil of being Batman (or that of fear in the first movie) was far more pronounced and consistent than anything from TDK. Much of the action in the second film was dictated by a villain whose aim was chaos; of course this one is going to be more unified.

Are we allowed to go full out on spoilers in our discussion now?

Yes. It's in the thread title.

ok cool

[deaconslim]I didn't like how unrealistic it was for Hines Ward to return a kickoff for a TD. Why didn't they recruit Devin Hester or at least Mike Wallace? What made them choose Hines Ward?![/deaconslim]

^ for real. I thought Nolan was about making this realistic.

Count me in the group that thought this was the best of the trilogy. While it didn't have a performance as compelling as Ledger's, I liked the plotting of the movie better, and it was definitely a fulfilling ending. I am not particularly well versed in Batman mythos so the twist regarding Marion Cotillard's character was satisfying to me.

I may have missed something, but how did Wayne get back to the city with the bridges out, tunnels closed, etc.?

here's my main question and issue, and i could have definitely just missed some dialogue/explanation during my first viewing that would clear it up.

Bane went way too quickly from basically the smartest and scariest villain to a completely helpless little pussy all because of one valve getting knocked loose on his facemask and being around talia? it was just weird how he went from running a city to a whipped little bitch when talia revealed herself. I didn't really understand that dynamic because he started out as her protector and I know she went back and saved him from the prison, but I don't understand why/how their dynamic changed to him being her little bitch? If anything, it'd seem like they would be equals since they both saved each other? I didn't really understand why he was completely under her command. Was there a romantic aspect to their relationship?

Also, why did Talia as Tate bone Bruce Wayne? I think he had already shown her the reactor and everything... so it just seems like weird timing to then show up at his house later and bang him. There wasn't enough time between her revealing herself and the end of the movie to make the argument that Bruce opened himself up again and it only caused him more pain.

It just seemed like the time between her reveal as Talia and her death were rushed. The only thing she really did was drive like a woman, she showed no reason why she was this mastermind behind the whole plot who had Bane under her finger as her pawn.

But I still loved the movie. Might be better than the first one.

i think talia boned him so he wouldn't bother investigating her or anything. Bruce is very vulnerable around women he likes, that's his weak spot.

and with the mask breaking, bane could feel pain. since he hadn't felt any in a while (probably) it really stunned him/he would need to recover. he WAS about to kill bats before he took a rocket to the chest.

Talia and Bruce are lovers in the comics.

Back