• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Hadn't heard that, at least not recently. Hope it's true.

"What would you like to do now, Mr. Wilson?"

Oh. My. God.

This could go either here or the the Netflix thread, but a new animated Marvel movie was added - "Avengers Confidential: Punisher and Black Widow". I made it 11 minutes in and tapped out. Just awful, it's straight-up anime so maybe if you like that style you'll like the movie more than I did, but the problems were far deeper than my own dislike of anime.

Marvel animation sucks ass right now. Hopefully the new Guardians of the Galaxy animated series will snap it out of this funk.

Red Tornado from Supergirl. Interesting.
107117_d0026.jpg

Anyone watch The Bastard Executioner?

I'm about halfway through and enjoying it so far.

Is the guy laughing hysterically in the Gotham previews the Joker?

I haven't watched a single episode of the show.

Thanks, Red Sox. Could have sworn I saw ads for tomorrow. Please let me know if I miss any shows in the thread title. The other premiere I have for this week is the Guardians of the Galaxy animated series on Saturday night.

Is the guy laughing hysterically in the Gotham previews the Joker?

I haven't watched a single episode of the show.

Maybe.

Watched the Suicide Squad ep of Arrow last night. They really know how to tease characters. Damn.

It blows my mind that Gotham got wrong so many things Arrow already got right.

Last edited:
I just think Gotham is a flawed concept for a TV series.

I disagree. It's a good concept, but they couldn't help themselves by introducing too many villains without a Batman to fight them.

A 10-13 episode season focusing on the following would have been good:
--Thomas and Martha Wayne attempting to revive Gotham while battling corruption within Wayne Enterprises
--Jim Gordon and Harvey Dent taking on the rise of the Gotham mob scene and corruption in the Gotham PD and city government
--Oswald Cobblepot rising up the ranks in the Gotham underworld

Introduce Bruce and Alfred, but keep them as secondary characters until Thomas and Martha Wayne are killed. Introduce future rogues like Edward Nygma, Harvey Dent, and Victor Zsasz, but focus mainly on street crime.

And that's it unless Batman becomes available. One season leading up to the death of the Waynes. Of course, using Batman shouldn't be a problem since at least Flash and Superman will be on TV and movies.

Back