• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I'm late to the party, but Agent Carter might actually be my favorite show in the Marvel TV universe. I'm not sure it stands up to the plotting, character development or production values of the Netflix shows, but it has a great cast, stuck to a tight story arc, and it didn't wear out its welcome. It was a lot of fun and far wittier than SHIELD has ever been. Hayley Atwell might be my favorite lead of any of these with the exception of Krysten Ritter.

Hayley Atwell is just amazing and she plays an amazing character in Peggy Carter. Agent Carter Season 1 was a lot of fun. The short season helped. I'm hoping that with the announcement of the Marvel's Most Wanted spinoff of AOS, that both shows are short seasons. Ideally, Most Wanted would be 10 eps in the Fall with a little AOS crossover. Then Agent Carter in the Winter for 10 episodes. The AOS in the Spring for 13 episodes including some episodes that follow up on Infinity War in 2018 and 2019.

There are several of these out there, but he's a nice interview with Atwell that just shows off her charm and beauty.

Definitely. Everything about her is just wow.

Everything returns next week.

Monday - Supergirl, Gotham (I guess)
Tuesday - Agent Carter, The Flash
Wednesday - Arrow, iZombie (assuming)
Thursday - Legends of Tomorrow (premiere)

Set your DVRs for a special hour celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Captain America at 8:00 on Tuesday leading into the two hour Agent Carter premiere.

Couple of notes - iZombie restarted this week.

It's the week after next, but Lucifer premiers on CBS on Jan 25. I hope Neil Gaiman is getting a nice payday out of this because the premise sounds nothing like his creation except for the fundamental - "The lord of the underworld is bored ruling Hell." If CBS wanted to have a show where Satan fights crime, he is in the public domain and they could have done it without Neil's version. My bigger worry is that Neil is like Alan Moore (movies based on his work - "From Hell", "Watchmen", "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", "V For Vendetta") and his main concern is "where does the decimal go in this number you want to pay me?" I don't know how likely the "Sandman" movie is to ever be made, but I sure want him to be fully on board with its production.

Thanks on iZombie. I assumed it started back with the other comics CW shows.

The more seasons they add the more I think The Defenders will take place between Infinity Wars.

0bc542537dd10003fcd6b03268ffc79e.jpg

The marketing for that movie has been fantastic. The Valentine's Day themed posters are excellent.

The Purple Man is the only good story of Jessica Jones in the comics. It will be interesting what they come up with to make a second season.

I still have four episodes to go, so not sure if the show has broached this yet, but I have to guess she will be pregnant at some point. The story of her and Luke running to Canada during Civil War is possible, I suppose.

Iron Fist casting is close to being announced and the Netflix boss says it may debut this year.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/17/netflix-iron-fist-casting-premiere-date/

Although a release date for Luke Cage has yet to be announced, it likely will be sometime this year, thus fulfilling what Sarandos sees as the ideal annual output for Marvel fare.
“It’s certainly possible” to release more than two in a year, he said, “but these [Marvel series] are produced on a scale of a major film. So there are long production times and long post times. And in some cases we have character crossovers, which makes it a little difficult to manage production. It’s not the goal to put out more than one or two a year.”

Figure this is the best place for it.

Just getting to Childhood's End. Anyone else watch it?

I did not expect the end of Ep 1.

Don't waste your time with the rest of it. It should've ended right there.

Figure this is the best place for it.

Just getting to Childhood's End. Anyone else watch it?

I did not expect the end of Ep 1.

Good start to the Winter season of comic book TV.

Tonight's Supergirl sealed it for me that this will be a priority show. Good character development for all the leads including a strong Martian Manhunter and Maxwell Lord plot. I won't spoil too much, but they do a good job of explaining that Jonn is hesitant about using his powers and showing why. This is a nice twist on the character. He's rusty and it has consequences. Maxwell Lord got interesting. I'm more interested in the Bizzaro plot here than anywhere else the character may be showing up.

Toyman was a strong villain and they even threw in a pretty overt Mirror Master reference. They even managed to throw two wrenches into the love triangle that were well done and stayed true to the characters. Chyler Leigh even managed to pull of a Janey Briggs-esque transformation.

This show is definitely worth watching. I'm sure every episode won't be as good as this, but there's potential that some will be even better. They're adapting "The Man Who Had Everything," a famous story from the comics that I know from the excellent episode of Justice League. Martian Manhunter promises to be a prominent character and they've done him better than would have been expected so far.

Last edited:
Back