• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Lucifer drops tonight. I'll watch out of respect to Neil Gaiman. I fully expect to hate it.

I did watch that Legends of whatever show. Pretty spot-on to what I expected, basically the worst aspects of Arrow/Flash (too many people doing too little). I'm becoming rather anti-Hawkman, at least that German dude that plays him.

For now... time to watch X-Files!

Luke Cage coming in November.

CZlQ25YVAAAKxVO.jpg

Some possible Thor: Ragnarok spoilers that make it sound like part Thor 3 and part Hulk 2.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/...arok-details-revealed-finally-getting-a130397

Thought it was interesting that they chose Taika Waititi to direct -- he usually collaborates with Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Chonchords (he directed a bunch of episodes of that show, an What We Do in the Shadows, and Eagle v. Shark). Looks like he acted in Green Lantern. Kind of a strange choice.

I watched Lucifer so you don't have to. Avoid at all costs. It's just so standard. I've never seen Bones, CSI and all the other procedurals, but I really do get the sense that it's only those shows, just with Satan. And it's not an interesting enough portrayal of the devil to make it interesting. Take Ray Wise in Reaper, now that was a good version, charming one minute, frightening the next. This show's version was basically a supernatural PUA. The scenes with the angel, acting on the boss' behalf were interesting, but it was just too small a piece of the show.

Pronouncements of "I'm out" are irrelevant, since I'm willing to bet it's going to be cancelled very very soon. It might make 13 eps, if it's lucky.

The Flash is starting to annoy me.

Agent Carter is strong through three eps. No spoilers, but the showdown that they're building towards looks promising.

Agent Carter is strong through three eps. No spoilers, but the showdown that they're building towards looks promising.

Agreed. Such a fun show. Good to see them dealing with racism much like they dealt with sexism in Season 1. Several references to the modern MCU and some meta commentary in this episode. Howard Stark continues to be an excellent character.

Also good to find out in the commercials that Peggy Carter is a character in new Lego Marvel's Avengers video game.

And my excitement about the Marvel's Most Wanted spin-off just went from "meh" to "oh yes."
http://marvel.com/news/tv/25676/delroy_lindo_joins_marvels_most_wanted?linkId=20691572

“Marvel’s Most Wanted” has added a familiar face from the comics to its cast with Delroy Lindo (“Malcolm X,” “Get Shorty,” “The Chicago Code”), who will take on the role of Dominic Fortune.
Dominic Fortune first appeared in 1975’s MARVEL PREVIEW #2, in a story written and drawn by comics legend Howard Chaykin. A rogue and adventurer in the 1930s, Fortune craved wealth and excitement with his globe-trotting odysseys.

Last edited:
The Flash is starting to annoy me.

Same. Season one had a lot of heart and fun, and this season seems devoid of either. Zoom is awful as a villain. I can't figure out why I should care what he's all about. Earth 2 has been a contrived mess. Just a weak follow up.

Same. Season one had a lot of heart and fun, and this season seems devoid of either. Zoom is awful as a villain. I can't figure out why I should care what he's all about. Earth 2 has been a contrived mess. Just a weak follow up.

Pretty sure I got shit for saying this very early in the season. They always needed to do more worldbuilding as a foundation there, and it never came. Throwing doppelgangers and characters from Earth-2 at us on Earth-1 doesn't cut it, and ended up really convoluting things. We needed to spend some actual time there.

Its pretty cool that they're recreating the patterning of past seasons in the reboot. It'll be fun to see a new take on the monster-of-the-week formula next week.

Love the X files and I had high expectations for new eps and so far I am not disappointed. Really want to see how the cigarette smoking man will factor into this. Plus, Gillian Anderson is a damn smoke show

Love the X files and I had high expectations for new eps and so far I am not disappointed. Really want to see how the cigarette smoking man will factor into this. Plus, Gillian Anderson is a damn smoke show

I thought the first episode was really cumbersome, but episode two was very good.

This past Supergirl was great. It was J'onn J'onzz focused and his backstory and Harewood's portrayal were compelling. Earlier, I had thought the show had been underutilizing Harewood but I tip my hat to their master plan with him. Some of the sillier elements are still there but I'm glad I added it to my watch list.

Agent Carter was cleavagerific. Also good for non-boob centric reasons. Remember that one scene that ended by lingering on a pane of glass in Stark's lab? Arc reactor. Actually the episode had lots of Easter eggs, a reference to Brockton, OK being one (where Mjollnir was found).

Flash is becoming a chore. The thrill is starting to be gone for the CW shows in general I hate to say.

This past Supergirl was great. It was J'onn J'onzz focused and his backstory and Harewood's portrayal were compelling. Earlier, I had thought the show had been underutilizing Harewood but I tip my hat to their master plan with him. Some of the sillier elements are still there but I'm glad I added it to my watch list.

Agent Carter was cleavagerific. Also good for non-boob centric reasons. Remember that one scene that ended by lingering on a pane of glass in Stark's lab? Arc reactor. Actually the episode had lots of Easter eggs, a reference to Brockton, OK being one (where Mjollnir was found).

Flash is becoming a chore. The thrill is starting to be gone for the CW shows in general I hate to say.

Arrow is especially frustrating. It's like the writers forgot what made that show so good those first couple seasons. The Flash just tried to do too much too soon. Both shows really need to get back basics.

Hadn't Patty met Barry's STAR Labs friends...er...his only friends? She didn't know about the coma? That was weird. Also if anybody can handle a long distance relationship, it's The Flash.

And props to whoever posted that the Zoom reveal would be underwhelming regardless of who it was.

So, if I'm to understand that little throwaway line in Arrow tonight, Oliver is aware of the existence of Oracle, which would mean he is aware of the existence of Batman.

And I guess DC wanted the last traces of Suicide Squad gone from the CW.

Agree about the flash. One solid moment is followed up by 3 head scratchers. Barry not telling her was even more infuriating than I thought it was going to be. She knows because she's not dumb? Just say "I am afraid you'll get hurt" and let her leave. Not compelling is the nicest thing to say about zoom. Much prefer harrison wells in the good guy roll rather than closet bad guy keeping more secrets. Cisco saying "I'm gonna name these right away" doesn't save it.

Saw Star Wars again recently and got trailers for Batman vs. Superman, Xmen, and Cap'n 3. I'm pretty sure I've said this in this thread every year for the big Marvel movies, but I am so unbelievably excited for Cap'n 3. Winter Soldier is still the best Marvel movie, and 3 looks so awesome (from the trailer, of course). I sure hope it lives up to the expectations.

Back