• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

yeah but Margot Robbie, right?

She's fine, but she brings along Leto's Joker, which is for my money the most pointless, terrible part of the movie.

I don't really understand why he's in it. Every time the Joker came on screen, I found myself wanting him to go away.

CBM: Suicide Squad (no spoilers)

$20.5M Thursday night for Suicide Squad. That's a big number. Tough to say what it will extrapolate to, could be extremely front loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
cad-20160805-cd1cb.png

Ouch.

SS is going to make a ton of money. Apparently it did well on advanced ticket sales. Maybe that has to do with that T-Mobile promotion?

She's fine, but she brings along Leto's Joker, which is for my money the most pointless, terrible part of the movie.

I don't really understand why he's in it. Every time the Joker came on screen, I found myself wanting him to go away.

That is about as damning and targeted of a critique as I could hear. I figured the Joker and Quinn would salvage an otherwise "meh" movie.

If you're cool with spoilers, this article is amazing.

"At a crucial point in the film, [Killer Croc] demands that in exchange for his service, the government broadcast BET into his prison cell"

I totally forgot about this, but yes, it actually happened.

I never really considered Killer Croc to be black. I considered him to be a humanoid crocodile. I guess they chose racial and cultural stereotypes over decent CGI or just not using him at all.

I never really considered Killer Croc to be black. I considered him to be a humanoid crocodile. I guess they chose racial and cultural stereotypes over decent CGI or just not using him at all.

Waylon Jones kind of sounds like a black dude's name

If you're cool with spoilers, this article is amazing.

"At a crucial point in the film, [Killer Croc] demands that in exchange for his service, the government broadcast BET into his prison cell"

I totally forgot about this, but yes, it actually happened.

It's such a good thing that DC is letting auteurs like Snyder and Ayer realize their visions.

Just got back from a screening of Suicide Squad. It was bad. Very, very bad. The report that Ayer had 6 weeks to write the script rings true. The movie plays like an ill-conceived first draft that has a few good ideas in it, but is overrun with filler dialogue, bare-bones plotting, and the smallest kernel of an understanding of who it's characters are and what makes them tick. The music choices are stupid (Rolling Stones, CCR, White Stripes, and then some original rap/trap songs. Huh?), the racial stereotypes are mind boggling (Killer Croc may be the most racist character ever put to film), and even the action scenes fall flat. A mess.

So this one isn't a metaphor for something bigger with underlying themes and mechanics that we just don't understand? I'm disappointed.

WakeFanatic does bring up a point I haven't made yet, though: The music was all over the goddamn place, to the point where it was sort of distracting. It seems like literally every element of that movie lacked cohesion.

Back