• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I like Preacher enough to watch, but not enough to get excited about it. Solid ep, but they'll need to make some real progress on each of the story lines to keep me into it.

I definitely like Julie Ann Emery. You know some shit's about to go down when she shows up on a show.

Want to see Lockjaw? Here's Lockjaw:

the bearded hipster playing the "bad guy" seems like a total weakling douchenozzle that no one would ever follow into some kind of mass coup against the establishment. unless the establishment was for taking away their avocado toast or something.

the bearded hipster playing the "bad guy" seems like a total weakling douchenozzle that no one would ever follow into some kind of mass coup against the establishment. unless the establishment was for taking away their avocado toast or something.

go on

I like Preacher enough to watch, but not enough to get excited about it. Solid ep, but they'll need to make some real progress on each of the story lines to keep me into it.

I definitely like Julie Ann Emery. You know some shit's about to go down when she shows up on a show.

I'm enjoying the new season considerably. It might not be progressing super fast, but neither did last season (for better or worse). It's entertaining and I love the characters, so I just hope it continues to be quality. And for a summer tv show, no less.

Spiderman is maybe the most fun Marvel movie outside of the GotGs. Man, that was good. Worth the IMAX for sure, too.

That was excellent. Top tier MCU film. They did so much right. Great characters all around. Vulture is one of the more well done villains. His crew was good too.

Lots of good choices that deviate from Spiderman canon paid off. The world building was probably better than any first film in a trilogy. The high school, villains, and Peter's life are sustainable.

All the action scenes were great. Probably the best combination of action sequences besides the Cap trilogy. The ferry and DC scenes were great.

I love how they just let Peter be a high school kid and inexperienced hero. So good.

Disagree. He and Happy were good. Those interactions were necessary for the flow of the film and simply to give Peter someone to talk to. A key thing superhero films have figured out is that heroes have to communicate with somebody. They can't do thought bubbles like the comics and they can't talk to themselves too much. That's particularly tough to do with a solo hero with a secret identity. They definitely got that right here.

Most importantly, I think they had to have RDJ in the film as part of the Sony-Marvel agreement. Stark shows casual moviegoers that this film is MCU and not another crappy reboot.

By the way, I like how they did the Sony and Marvel Studios in the intro. Both got theirs.

Last edited:
Just got out and I loved it. I agree top tier MCU film. They finally got Spiderman right. This film absolutely nailed the young nerdy/silly mood. Everyone looked and acted like high schoolers. I thought Tony's presence made sense because he established in Civil War that he would mentor Peter and his Stark-tech suit.

I agree that the world building was great, and Michael Keaton was great as the Vulture. His back story made sense and he was menacing without being hokey. The scene in the car was intense.

Also, its back up to 93% with 208 reviews, currently the 2nd best score of all the MCU films.

Spoilers are fair game. I'll change the thread title when I get home. Sorry for the delay. Been away all day.

Just got out and I loved it. I agree top tier MCU film. They finally got Spiderman right. This film absolutely nailed the young nerdy/silly mood. Everyone looked and acted like high schoolers. I thought Tony's presence made sense because he established in Civil War that he would mentor Peter and his Stark-tech suit.

POI the actress who plays Liz Allen is 27 years old. Just in case you want to know.

Just saw Spider-Man. By far the best Marvel movie I've seen in awhile

POI the actress who plays Liz Allen is 27 years old. Just in case you want to know.
Meh, she blended ok, the rest of the high school cast were in their teens when it filmed. Tobey Maguire was 25-26, Andrew Garfield was 27.

So Stark was mad when he tried to stop the bad guy and almost killed the people on the ferry but was happy when he tried to stop the bad guy and almost wiped out a few city blocks with a giant plane?

Homecoming is projected to hit a $120M opening weekend. That would put it #7 among MCU films, The Avengers ($207M) and five sequels.

Perhaps most importantly, it would be the 2nd biggest opening weekend ever for a Sony/Columbia film behind Spider-Man 3 ($151M).

I hope Fox is taking notice.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franch...avengers.htm&sort=opengross&order=DESC&p=.htm

Meh, she blended ok, the rest of the high school cast were in their teens when it filmed. Tobey Maguire was 25-26, Andrew Garfield was 27.

Just saying she's over 18, bro.

So Stark was mad when he tried to stop the bad guy and almost killed the people on the ferry but was happy when he tried to stop the bad guy and almost wiped out a few city blocks with a giant plane?

The bad guy almost stole all of Stark's tech.

The class warfare angle is pretty damn deep in this film. The Vulture flew under the radar of Stark because he has a working class mentality and ethic. Best MCU film villain since Loki in Thor 1 and The Avengers. Shame he was never called the Vulture since it was a perfect fit.

Curious what people thought about "Karen." I'm sure the suit will be a pretty divisive part of the movie. I thought it was a good fit for the Stark influence and made up for the decision not to use "Spider sense." Obviously, it's one of the things I was talking about above when I said they did a good job giving Spidey someone to talk to throughout the film.

I think there were a lot of analogs to the original Iron Man. In Civil War, Peter was presented as a bit of a vulture who scavenges for tech. The Vulture is a bigger badder version much like Iron Monger was a bigger badder Iron Man. I'm glad they didn't overplay it. Control over Stark tech was important. My favorite was that they set Peter's "I am Iron Man" moment at the end. Keep in mind that was a pretty huge twist at the end of the original. It wasn't a surprise that Peter turned it down. But they added the Aunt May twist which was perfect.

Aunt May was a Lois Lane problem for Marvel. How do you present this beautiful, smart woman and have her completely blind to a secret identity? You don't.

Man, I love Marisa Tomei. Thirty years since A Different World, 25 since My Cousin Vinny and she still does it for me. Damn. Another excellent casting decision by Marvel. Why would a 15 year old kid have a 60-something aunt? Honestly, they could have gone even younger than what I assume was mid-40s or so (Tomei is 52). And I love how they didn't shy away from how hot she is and how comments irk Peter. It led to three hilarious moments.

Last edited:
So, the post credits scene. Don't want to spoil it here, even with spoilers being fair game, but lol.

So it seems pretty obvious the Sinister Six is the play going forward, but can they get Keaton back for another flick or two?

I really hope the big bad next go round is Kraven.

My money is on Scorpion, bigly. Good for Nacho, he's hitting the big-time.

Personally I hope it's about the 3rd, maybe 4th movie before we go full on S6. I'd like to see some quality time with Doc Ock. Hopefully Mysterio shows up, he (and Kraven) are probably the best vills we haven't seen on film yet in Spidey's world.

I think this was the first time I've ever found a movie's portrayal of a villain more interesting than the comics'. I always thought Vulture was lame, he's an old guy with a flight suit and that's pretty much it. Keaton (and writers) made him threatening and relatable, like a Tony Soprano, or Walter White, to stick with the world of BB. The car scene was intense,it was sort of refreshing to see someone figure out the obvious for a change.

On the other hand, I'm going to be patient to see what the explanation is for no Spidey Sense. No Spidey Sense means it's not Spider-Man.

I've got no patience though for my biggest gripe - the brain dead plot convenience of "Let's load up all our most dangerous items into an unmanned jet. What could go wrong?" That's waaay out of character for Hogan, for sure. I'm normally fairly forgiving of plot convenience in a CBM, but this was too egregious.

Also thumbs down for the end of credits PSA. That joke was just done in Deadpool and Deadpool did it better.

Back