• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBS Flash Poll: 72% of Americans support Prez Trump’s immigration stance

Hahaha... love the irony of someone with 38k posts on a message board calling out someone else as a "dork".

Happy to take the L when earned but nothing from the CNN poll supported RJ's "fact" that the total viewing audience was disproportionately Republican.

If he stated those participating in the CNN poll were disproportionately Republican, he would have been correct (for once).

How is this a difficult concept to grasp? Because it doesn't fit the Tunnels' Left narrative???

You definitely do not understand polling or statistics.

Brad, how would you personally determine the ideological views of a total viewing audience if asked to do so?

he understands them enough to like MSM polls when they appear to own libs but not like them when he's wrong

Hahaha... love the irony of someone with 38k posts on a message board calling out someone else as a "dork".

Happy to take the L when earned but nothing from the CNN poll supported RJ's "fact" that the total viewing audience was disproportionately Republican.

If he stated those participating in the CNN poll were disproportionately Republican, he would have been correct (for once).

How is this a difficult concept to grasp? Because it doesn't fit the Tunnels' Left narrative???

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...-drives-approval-of-trumps-state-of-the-union

"Forty-three percent of viewers identifying as Republican and 24 percent identifying as Democrats. Thirty percent were independents, according to CBS.

Approval among Republicans was much higher than among Democrats, 97 percent compared to just 30 percent. Eighty-two percent of independents approved.

In the CNN poll conducted by SSRS, 59 percent of viewers had very positive reactions to Trump's State of the Union. Only 48 percent had the same reaction to last year's address. However, approval among different demographics varied. Sixty percent of men and 58 percent of women, 54 percent of people under 50 and 61 percent of people older than 50 all positively reacted to the speech.

A strong partisan divide was also seen in CNN's poll. Viewers were 17 points more likely than the general public to identify as Republicans and were mostly fans of Trump. Most of these viewers (87 percent) rated the speech as very positive, compared to 64 percent of Democrats who rated the speech very or somewhat negative. "

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/6/18213682/state-of-the-union-approval-ratings-polls

"Trump’s State of the Union polled well … because Republicans watched it
State of the Union audiences generally skew toward the president’s party."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/state-of-the-union-poll/index.html

There are three different sources. But actual facts never bother Angus.

You definitely do not understand polling or statistics.

66.666666666666666667% of statewide elected officials in the executive branch of a Blue state wore blackface.

Therefore, extrapolating these results on the larger population, 66.666666666666666667% of statewide elected officials in other Blue states must wear (or have worn) blackface.

Did I do it right??

No because a sample size of 3 isn't going to provide any meaningful data across an entire population.

You DEFINITELY do not understand polling or statistics

I took a break from reading the essays of my inclusion level basic sophomores on Sophocles and dramatic irony in Oedipus to come to the boards. And this is so much dumber than anything I've read in any of their essays. Thanks for the smiles.

No because a sample size of 3 isn't going to provide any meaningful data across an entire population.

You DEFINITELY do not understand polling or statistics

But a sample size of 500 across a population of 300+ million does????

And I'm the one who doesn't understand polling or statistics????

I took a break from reading the essays of my inclusion level basic sophomores on Sophocles and dramatic irony in Oedipus to come to the boards. And this is so much dumber than anything I've read in any of their essays. Thanks for the smiles.

lol

You clearly don't because the answer to the first question is "yes."

So 584 people out of 326 million is ~0.00018% of the total population.

And 2 executive positions out of 200 (assuming 50 blue states (very generous) and 4 statewide elected offices per state) is ~1.0% of the total population.

Now I didn't spend a ton of time in Tribble with statistic experts like you and PhDeac, but 1.0% > 0.00018%.

Last edited:
Math seems solid, especially using the entire US population from 0, you’re sunk numbers.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...-drives-approval-of-trumps-state-of-the-union

"Forty-three percent of viewers identifying as Republican and 24 percent identifying as Democrats. Thirty percent were independents, according to CBS.

Approval among Republicans was much higher than among Democrats, 97 percent compared to just 30 percent. Eighty-two percent of independents approved.

In the CNN poll conducted by SSRS, 59 percent of viewers had very positive reactions to Trump's State of the Union. Only 48 percent had the same reaction to last year's address. However, approval among different demographics varied. Sixty percent of men and 58 percent of women, 54 percent of people under 50 and 61 percent of people older than 50 all positively reacted to the speech.

A strong partisan divide was also seen in CNN's poll. Viewers were 17 points more likely than the general public to identify as Republicans and were mostly fans of Trump. Most of these viewers (87 percent) rated the speech as very positive, compared to 64 percent of Democrats who rated the speech very or somewhat negative. "

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/6/18213682/state-of-the-union-approval-ratings-polls

"Trump’s State of the Union polled well … because Republicans watched it
State of the Union audiences generally skew toward the president’s party."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/state-of-the-union-poll/index.html

There are three different sources. But actual facts never bother Angus.

LOL - All 3 of those "sources" refer to the CNN poll.

So 584 people out of 326 million is ~0.00018% of the total population.

And 2 executive positions out of 200 (assuming 50 blue states (very generous) and 4 statewide elected offices per state) is ~1.0% of the total population.

Now I didn't spend a ton of time in Tribble with statistic experts like you and PhDeac, but 1.0% > 0.00018%.

With a population of 200 people and using a sample size of 3, your margin of error is over 50%. With a population of 300,000,000 and using a sample size of 584, your margin of error is somewhere around 5-6%.

The percentage of the total population you're sampling really doesn't matter.

Good work Brad- RJ-level jokes yesterday, now an RJ-level understanding of stats.

You are a step away from posting that you never hit first.

66.666666666666666667% of statewide elected officials in the executive branch of a Blue state wore blackface.

Therefore, extrapolating these results on the larger population, 66.666666666666666667% of statewide elected officials in other Blue states must wear (or have worn) blackface.

Did I do it right??

You know how I can tell someone understands statistics? When they report percentages to 18 decimal places.

Back