• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBS Sports Preseason ACC Basketball Predictions

This is what Bz has done: not that long ago, I could name the starting 5 at every ACC school. Now the only non-WFU player I can think of is PJ Hairston. And that's not due to his bball skills. I can't name one other player at Duke, UNC, NCSU, etc. What was once one of the great passions in my life is something that I now don't care about at all. Thanks asshole.

You are not alone. Up through 2010, every October I would buy every college basketball magazine I could get my hands on. My focus was on Wake and the ACC. When November rolled around I put Wake's games on my calendar and started planning my life around those games.

Facepalm

Ron Wellman killed something I loved. And now he laughs as he says that he, "couldn't be happier!"

He is one arrogant, evil POS.

Last edited:
This is what Bz has done: not that long ago, I could name the starting 5 at every ACC school. Now the only non-WFU player I can think of is PJ Hairston. And that's not due to his bball skills. I can't name one other player at Duke, UNC, NCSU, etc. What was once one of the great passions in my life is something that I now don't care about at all. Thanks asshole.

You are not alone. Up through 2010, every October I would buy every college basketball magazine I could get my hands on. My focus was on Wake and the ACC. When November rolled around I put Wake's games on my calendar and started planning my life around those games.

Facepalm

Ron Wellman killed something I loved. And now he laughs as he says that he, "couldn't be happier!"

He is one arrogant, evil POS.

it's sad. a lot of thoughts about this very thing that i began to organize in my head for a response. then i just realized i did not care enough to bother. thanks ron.

I don't care how bad injuries have been, it is completely unacceptable to finish behind Buzzdick. You've been warned, Brownell.

I've always liked Clemson fans. And I think that's a perfectly reasonable position to take.

And FWIW, I'm surprised Brownell is struggling this much. He did more than a credible job at both UNCW & Wright St. And while Clemson has never been the center of the ACC hoops universe and never been easy to recruit to, I'm surprised he's recruiting this poorly. When Clemson, Wake, GT & BC made that batch of hires, I thought at the time that Brownell was by far the best of that bunch.

It depends. I don't know what State's schedule looks like, but it will take some time for that team to come together imo. Other than Warren and (debatably) Tyler Lewis, who may be dethroned by Cat Barber, who else do they have?

A coach not named [Redacted]

Between 10-15 conference preseason poll, huh?

With a great deal of effort, I have faith that Bz will manage to keep us down in that historically competitive 13-15 range.

A couple funny (sad) Wake comments in the full ACC preview - http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...7/college-basketball-conference-previews-acc-

I applauded athletic director Ron Wellman when he hired Jeff [Redacted] -- not necessarily because I thought it would work, but because I respected the you-know-whats it took to hire a basketball coach who'd just lost nearly four times as many Big 12 games as he'd won in three seasons at Colorado. You got to have a conviction about somebody to hire a somebody with that resume. So I respected Wellman's conviction. Of course, at this point, in hindsight, Wellman's belief in [Redacted] seems misguided, and now a significant portion of the fan base wants both men fired. Will their seats cool after another projected rough season in the ACC? I doubt it. And can you believe this is the same program that made six NCAA tournaments between 2002 and 2010?

987: That's the number of times a Wake Forest fan has either tweeted or emailed me about firing their athletic director and/or basketball coach.

Last edited:
Aaron Rountree III ‏@DeaconTREE33 19h

Not this year. Not again. That's a promise.

Headed to the gym. The disrespect is OD. Heard it all offseason but the line has been crossed.

[Redacted] has earned our disrespect.

Not this year. Not again. That's a promise.

Headed to the gym. The disrespect is OD. Heard it all offseason but the line has been crossed.

Less talk. More winning.

He does realize that his coach is Jeff [Redacted], right?

In the old days, we would have had the torches and pitchforks out for that Matt Nolander guy who picked us last. Now, he's probably just smart.

Back