• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Celebrity Encounters

My cousin is a country songwriter in Nashville, and wrote a #1 pop hit a few years ago. His wife has multiple top 5 country hits and a few contemporary Christian hits over the years.

Summer before my freshman year at Wake, I chatted up George Seifert on a flight from San Fran to Charlotte.

One of my parents good friends was the Nascar official who stopped Sterling Marlin from working on his car during a red flag a few years ago.

One of my favorite memories was the flight out to Sacramento for the NCAA Tournament my Junior year at WFU. The band got to fly on the team charter, and I had recently suffered a high ankle sprain (same injury and time as J-Ho). Skip came back and talked to a few of us (armydeac and redhatdeac) for a good 15-20 minutes, and even talked about my ankle.

I think he was saying Courtney Cox, but color me surprised there too (well I guess it probably depends on the year he met each).

I sat next to Helena in homeroom for eight years and ran into her again in the early 70's in NYC.. I met Cox in the Nashville airport the year before Friends started. She was drop dead gorgeous.

Chatted up Tyreke Evans on a flight from Memphis to Charlotte during his freshman year at Memphis. Nice guy, but it sucked sitting next to him on a regional jet.

Six of us went to see WWE Raw at the Charlotte Coliseum in the late 90's. We got front row ringside tickets because 2 of the people in our group were NFL players and The Rock was hooking us up in exchange for some NFL swag (the NFL guys gave him sweatpants, etc.). Got to go backstage and talk to The Rock and Jim Ross for almost 10 minutes, before HHH came and got The Rock so they could work out the details for their match that night.

I got thrown out of a private event for half the Boston Red Sox in Naples a couple of years back. David Ortiz was pretty cool, talked with Kevin Millar and Trot Nixon for awhile. Bronson Arroyo was a dickbag - he didn't like that I was taking free drinks.

drank beer and actually had random bar talk for multiple hours with keith richards at the following south beach dive
macsclubdeuce-lg.jpg

other than the birth of my kids (and perhaps my wedding but not really) it was the highlight of my life

Pretty sure you win this thread.

buddy of mine almost got in a fight with christian laettner at crazy zack's in 1992 (post exams). grant hill calmed things down

Was down there that year too. That was also the week he was named as the college player on the Dream Team and was unavailable for comment according to Sportscenter.
He probably went to Crazy Zack's more than one night that week, but we saw he and Brian Davis at Thee Dollhouse early one evening (around 5-7pm) and again around midnight at Crazy Zack's with two of the hottest strippers from Thee Dollhouse. My friend who grew up a Duke fan was so happy..."At least he's bi!"

In another Myrtle Beach Thee Dollhouse/celebrity sighting many years later, we were leaving as Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson of the Rock n' Roll Express pulled up in some cheap ass limo. They were well past their prime, already fucked up and looked like hell.

Funny timing...my wife texted me from work in New Orleans this morning, said harrison ford was in line behind her at Starbucks. She saw Will Ferrell down there a couple months ago, too.

Most random encounter ever: I met Miss Howard Stern (Andrea ??) and KC at a hotel bar in Ft. Lauderdale back in 2007. Yes she is all blonde hair, +2's, and sounds like a ditz. She is really, really spaced out. I couldn't figure out if KC was trying to pimp her out at the bar or not? At one point we got in the elevator with her and she started freaking out. I could have easily given her something to calm her down :cool:, but then again my wife was with me.

I've met a lot of athletes but my most memorable celebrity encounter was Marvelous Marvin Hagler many years ago at a gas station in South Carolina. He was driving an rv and pumping his own gas when we pulled in to the same gas station. My brothers and I being around 10-13 were awestruck and he was as cool as could be. He signed autographs, took pictures, the whole 9 yards.

The only celebs I've met are Shane McMahon, who is a client of mine, and Roger Staubach, who was the QB for my dad's Navy reserves flag football team when I was growing up (it wasn't really fair to the other teams).

Can Shane still move after all those Van Terminators and ridiculous bumps?

Had a client who was Paul Newmans friend. When Mr Newman came to Charlotte for the Cars movie premiere, he invited me to dinner with them one night. Couldn't make it. The next day he invites me to lunch with them at the hotel. There are 4 of us there at the bar watching qualifying or testing for Indy 500 drinking beer together. They order lunch. Kitchen screws up Mr Newmans order and it arrives 45 minutes after the other guys had finished. He gets a burger and cuts it in half and gives me half of it. Tells some pretty funny stories and is like hanging with a crusty old grandfather but very cool. No one ever approached us or appeared to know who he was. The waitress finally recognized him and apologized for the delay in his food and he said, ma'am that was a burger worth waiting for. And that he why he was Paul newman and very cool

Bob iger and Larry the cable guy were roaming around the hotel that day. Met Melissa Gilbert's mom because she was married to Paul's publicist Warren Cohen

Met Third Eye Blind at the Wake concert in 2009. They gave my friend and me backstage passes and the band invited us to go party with them. We decided to decline.

Bruce Springsteen is my friend's neighbor in Florida. (His daughter rides, so they have a house in Wellington.) He's very nice- I've sat by him at a couple of shows, and he would always wave if I drove by when he was out mowing his front lawn.

Apparently when I was a baby, a few guys on the Celtics took care of me on a plane while my mom was in the bathroom. I chose to throw up on them. I'm glad to know my hatred of Boston sports started young.

I've met most of the US Olympic equestrian teams for show jumping and 3 day eventing. Also partied at Eric Lamaze's (Canadian gold medalist from the 2008 Olympics) VIP table in Wellington.

Back