• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chad Morris floated in Wake Forest rumor, an unlikely destination for Clemson OC

$$$ is green and spends the same whether it comes from a top tiered program or LOWF...

How much of Chad Morris's success is due to having Tahj Boyd and Sammy Watkins for all 3 years at Clemson? Serious question, all I really remember about them was that we should have beaten them and played in the ACC Championship his first year, and then after beating VA Tech they got slaughtered in the Orange Bowl. This year they had national championship aspirations after starting off beating Georgia, then lost their only 2 tough games in grand fashion.

He just doesn't seem like the right fit at Wake to me, but who knows.

I love these 'rumor' articles, especially when the article states that Wake is looking for someone with HC experience which Morris does not have.

No way in hell does this guy come here. He already makes 7 figures. If he leaves, it will be for HC of a bigger program. This not LOWF, this is reality. AIR, he could have had better jobs last off season.

How much of Chad Morris's success is due to having Tahj Boyd and Sammy Watkins for all 3 years at Clemson? Serious question, all I really remember about them was that we should have beaten them and played in the ACC Championship his first year, and then after beating VA Tech they got slaughtered in the Orange Bowl. This year they had national championship aspirations after starting off beating Georgia, then lost their only 2 tough games in grand fashion.

He just doesn't seem like the right fit at Wake to me, but who knows.

I would have loved to see what he could have done with Spiller and Ford....his offense did fine against Scar, it was turnovers and the defense that sunk us. Speaking of which, how bout Brent Venables for the next HC at Wake? He's really awesome, I promise!

Back