• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Changes coming for the USWNT?

Well, I just checked the massive soccer thread and nobody has mentioned anything about what the future holds for the USWNT. Maybe Fox News will cover it ? LOL

And did you notice that the thread that you started to talk about it didn't really have any discussion about it either?

You're presumably a free-market guy... what do those two data points tell you about the topic on this board?

Maybe I should start a thread about the Seattle Mariners and what changes need to come for the franchise?

Should I do so I would rightfully be mocked for starting a thread with such little interest in the specific topic when a larger MLB thread is there and available for me to start a sub-topic.

And did you notice that the thread that you started to talk about it didn't really have any discussion about it either?

You're presumably a free-market guy... what do those two data points tell you about the topic on this board?

You're 100% right. The topic has little interest on this board, and particularly among the usual suspects on the soccer thread. It's surprising considering the USWNT's level of accomplishment and growing fandom world wide, but especially in American soccer. There are definitely more posts about USMNT hopefuls the average fan doesn't know about, their transfers in Europe to other teams most American soccer fans couldn't name on a bet (aside from Pulisic to Chelsea) who their roommates are, etc. It's very clear someone like me just doesn't have the deep understanding of the key details driving the soccer universe like you guys do. :bowrofl:

Maybe I should start a thread about the Seattle Mariners and what changes need to come for the franchise?

Should I do so I would rightfully be mocked for starting a thread with such little interest in the specific topic when a larger MLB thread is there and available for me to start a sub-topic.

I would rather mock you for posts like these.

Last edited:
I follow but have no idea who the next coach should be. Can lloyd coach and play at the same time?

I also liked our little left back from 4 yrs ago, but I think she is still playing.

I can't stand Fusiondad's bullshit but I do very much enjoy the US women's national team, women's soccer in general, and cheer for them as much as I do the men's team. Also - I'd encourage you to watch the new Amazon series, this is football. The second episode is excellent and focuses on Japan and the US, the 99ers, and the struggle for women's soccer. Excellent work.

I follow but have no idea who the next coach should be. Can lloyd coach and play at the same time?

I also liked our little left back from 4 yrs ago, but I think she is still playing.

Lloyd certainly has an insider's take on the USWNT. Just like you I liked Meghan Klingenberg( the left back from 2015) a lot. She was one of the smartest players on the team. Very reliable and consistent. Never have been able to find out why she was left out of the team after the Olympics in Rio in 2016. Saw somewhere an idea about leaving Ellis' asst, Tony Gustavson, as an interim coach thru the Olympics next summer. Seems a reasonable option if the squad from this summer ends up mostly carrying over to the Olympics. Continuity for 10 mos then start the new regime building for 2023. Maybe he'd turn out to be a good choice for the next cycle after a trial period anyway.

Lloyd certainly has an insider's take on the USWNT. Just like you I liked Meghan Klingenberg( the left back from 2015) a lot. She was one of the smartest players on the team. Very reliable and consistent. Never have been able to find out why she was left out of the team after the Olympics in Rio in 2016. Saw somewhere an idea about leaving Ellis' asst, Tony Gustavson, as an interim coach thru the Olympics next summer. Seems a reasonable option if the squad from this summer ends up mostly carrying over to the Olympics. Continuity for 10 mos then start the new regime building for 2023. Maybe he'd turn out to be a good choice for the next cycle after a trial period anyway.

I know nothing about him, but I have to admit it bothered me that he wore exactly the same hairstyle as Ellis. His little twirl two-tone ponytail didn't do much for this liberal LBGTY-friendly follower. I'd have to get past his hair.

I know nothing about him, but I have to admit it bothered me that he wore exactly the same hairstyle as Ellis. His little twirl two-tone ponytail didn't do much for this liberal LBGTY-friendly follower. I'd have to get past his hair.

Have heard he's a the tactical guru.

Back