• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Changes Iwould like to see Clawson make

In 2006 we also played at UNC and at State, so their fans didn't overrun BBT. The Clemson game was full of Orange per usual.
Our late-season home games were BC (awesome Wake crowd, but BC never brings droves of fans to BBT) and VT (the infamous ticket fraud game which was full of VT fans).
In short, the home support in 2006 is overstated.

In 2006 we also played at UNC and at State, so their fans didn't overrun BBT. The Clemson game was full of Orange per usual.
Our late-season home games were BC (awesome Wake crowd, but BC never brings droves of fans to BBT) and VT (the infamous ticket fraud game which was full of VT fans).
In short, the home support in 2006 is overstated.

Right, as I stated even when we had our most support, home support when playing teams that travel wasn't that great. The BC game was the best in 2006. The Thursday night game vs. FSU in 2007 was very good. The Thursday night game vs. Clemson in 2008 was about as good as I've seen it against them, but there was still tons of orange.

Not really new, just tired of mediocrity in our football. I know we will not likely compete for a national championship, but we can and will be competitive. I get that we are small and compete against huge budgets.
I am very proud of the University for its integrity and academics, just seems like the administration could do more to get Wake Fans in the stands. I'd be handing out tickets on the street to folks with Wake gear on rather than sell to the opposition..... On the bright side, we had great ticket sales yesterday....

Not really new, just tired of mediocrity in our football. I know we will not likely compete for a national championship, but we can and will be competitive. I get that we are small and compete against huge budgets.
I am very proud of the University for its integrity and academics, just seems like the administration could do more to get Wake Fans in the stands. I'd be handing out tickets on the street to folks with Wake gear on rather than sell to the opposition..... On the bright side, we had great ticket sales yesterday....

I'm with you, I wish we could do something too. It pisses me off to see the heavy presence of opposing fans, it pisses me off to see so many opposing fans in pass parking areas, just not sure how much it can change. Winning helps, it was better when we had our run, but still not anywhere near what we'd like for it to be. Hard not to sell to opposing fans when their money is good and there's plenty of seats available.

It takes alot of winning before tiks become a really hot commodity.

Not exactly a sound business model to keep up with facilities and coaching salaries. Many of the free tickets we give out end up with State and Carolina fans. Just the nature of the beast.

As I said on another topic, I was impressed with Dionte Austin after he replaced Gaulden(too late). He made some nice plays on coverage. Laugh if you will, but I think it's possible he could be talked about with Noel and Johnson in a couple of years.

Back