• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chapelle gets booed off stage in Hartford

Went to the Pittsburgh show last night. Really loved it - all performers were great (with Hannibal Burress and Demetri Martin standing out for me of the support performers). FOTC was who I was most interested in seeing and they were excellent as expected. Chapelle's set was kind of strange though. He definitely wasn't over the Hartford show and took every opportunity to shit on those people, but to me he just seemed a little subdued or worried that it was gonna happen again. The crowd was very supportive and did the whole "we love you Dave!" stuff and cheered for him during every pause, but he always seemed to have some nervous energy on stage. He was definitely funny when he was doing his material, but parts of it were just him talking about himself and his family (who came out at the end because it was his wife's birthday and they were in town to support him after the Hartford show). He's definitely still getting used to being on stage again and you can tell he's working some stuff out mentally.

oh man. the hilarity of someone killing someone over their comedic tastes over an obviously ironic comment is too good. so effing meta.

He obviously stole the joke from someone. Seems like an executionable offense.

Good read. Similar to an Ebony article I read on it. The Hartford crowd just didn't know much about Chappelle and set him off.

Back