• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

charge on moto

I thought it was the correct call.

Plenty of others to complain about, though.

We can argue about if it was the right call or not but 99.9999% of the time that is called a block.

Moto pushed off in the air.

Anyway, who the fuck cares?

Defender left his feet

That's not a foul. Learn the rules. You can be moving as long as in position. I don't think the call was so much a charge but moto clearing with his off hand. Either way the defender was in legal guarding position.

Moto threw his free left forearm at Miller in mid air. Once I saw replay I thought it was ok.

50/50. Was surprised they called it. Moto had 2-3 other plays where he clearly charges and they called blocking so Georgia tech was due a call.

Problem is miller pushed off on his two straight hoops with no call. Not consistent

Moto threw his elbow/forearm into the guy's face. Easy call. The blocking foul on the GT player on the play before that should have been a charge on Moto. Moto can't just bull rush to the rim and expect to get a foul called every time.

Probably should have been a no-call but Miller did go straight up. Moto wasn't really out of control and there wasn't any extension even though his arm was up there.

Moto's bull rushes so often he's going to lose out on those kinds of calls more than most. When he collects himself and uses his lateral quickness he's great. When we're down he panics. I'd bet the vast majority of his offensive fouls are in the last 4 minutes of games when we're trailing.

I support Moto's aggressive play but Miller is a stud and we should have avoided Miller as the rest of the team is garbage.

Easy call. They did miss the other one prior to that charge where they called a block on GT on the baseline. We charged on that one also but went to the line with a chance to get back into the game.

Tim Nestor made that call and I gave him grief for it. The photo indicates clearing out which is the call he made so I was wrong. Damn those ACC officials, they are usually right.

Moto is a bull in a china shop- no need to extend the arm and push off.

It might just be a reflexive habit.

Moto is a bull in a china shop- no need to extend the arm and push off.

It might just be a reflexive habit.

Actually the photos are pretty misleading if you watch the video. He goes up with his arm tight to his body and the collision happens - that first picture is after they've hit and Moto is off balance and bouncing away from him a little. He extends the arm but doesn't actually get any push with it. I think the whistle blew before he even extended the arm, they just ruled that Miller jumped straight up so he was entitled to the space. I thought with the new rule it was a dubious call because Miller had just slid to that spot and jumped along with Moto going up to shoot. Moto had driven baseline a play or two before that and he was a little out of control but got the call - you could see the makeup call coming a mile away.

Back