• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charitable Giving in the Minneapolis, MN Area

dashionista

Reaction score
Looking for a repubutable charity to give to in memory of a client's daughter who just died suddenly. Not sure of the details (so not sure if it was cancer or some other disease we could donate research dollars to) but they have asked for charitable donations (no specific charity listed) in lieu of flowers, so my company is looking for a local charity to give to. If all else fails we'll probably just give to their local branch of the red cross. Any ideas appreciated-- thanks!

How old was the daughter? If she was school-aged, the Y?

Do you know what school she went to? You can often give to them.

Looking for a repubutable charity to give to in memory of a client's daughter who just died suddenly. Not sure of the details (so not sure if it was cancer or some other disease we could donate research dollars to) but they have asked for charitable donations (no specific charity listed) in lieu of flowers, so my company is looking for a local charity to give to. If all else fails we'll probably just give to their local branch of the red cross. Any ideas appreciated-- thanks!

Does it have to be Minneapolis area? The Mayo Clinic (and Foundation) are in Rochester, MN.

Do you know what school she went to? You can often give to them.

I know nothing other than the fact that she was 31, lived in Minneapolis and it was a sudden death. I did stalk and found what I think is her facebook profile, but no school is listed and I didn't see anything else that might point me toward a specific institution to give to (without being really creepy.. like her church. which also probably wouldn't be an appropriate place to give to from a client perspective).

Last edited:
i've got a lot of friends up in that area from my NPO days who are now working for NPOs up there... i can solicit some suggestions.

mmk, asked.

Back