• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston brunch recommendations

Haha, I can kinda see that. I didn't really notice the drop off as much. But maybe that's just me.

As long as the coca-cola cake doesn't change at all, I'll still be going there from time to time.

Thanks for all of the feedback!! I think we are going to try Poogan's Porch. As much as I would love to drive out to Sullivan's, I plan on being severely hung over and really don't want to travel any further than 5 min away. We need to go somewhere that either takes reservations or will not have a line.

That's a good choice methinks. Either that or Hominy would fit your needs. Ever since Hominy remodeled/expanded they've been a lot less bad with waits imo.

(sarcasm font) Go to Hymans. They have the best seafood. Its not touristy, and super crowded at all (sarcasm font)

Joseph's on King Street was awesome. Unfortunately it closed though.

Joseph's on King Street was awesome. Unfortunately it closed though.

Joseph's was also great until it was made famous. Last time I went there, the service was awful and the foot wasn't good either. And then they closed so it doesn't look like I was the only one.

So, have any of you Charleston local been to Green Onion?

I've never heard of the Green Onion - did you mean the Glass Onion? If so, I've been to the Glass Onion and it was great. I had fried quail with a couple of sides...greens and mac and cheese, I think.

I've never heard of the Green Onion - did you mean the Glass Onion? If so, I've been to the Glass Onion and it was great. I had fried quail with a couple of sides...greens and mac and cheese, I think.

Yeah, must mean Glass Onion. I saw it on Diner, Drive In and Dives, but was half asleep and only opened an eye when the said it was Chucktown. Thanks.

Yeah, must mean Glass Onion. I saw it on Diner, Drive In and Dives, but was half asleep and only opened an eye when the said it was Chucktown. Thanks.

Yeah - the Glass Onion was on this week or last, I believe.

Like I said, dinner was solid. They have a pretty good beer selection to go along with the food too.

Glass Onion is delicious. I go there for chicken livers when I want good ones, but everything else I have had is good as well. Fresh too, though some of it is on the expensive side. I recommend it for sure, but I've never been to brunch there on Sunday. I don't even know if they're open for it.

Back