• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlie Rangel: I Thought 'White Cracker' Was A 'Term Of Endearment'

I feel like he's old enough to be in that age range of "say whatever I want."

It sounds to me like he isn't really sorry about what he said at all. His "apology" and "explanation" was said very tongue in cheek.

I feel like he's old enough to be in that age range of "say whatever I want."

Just like there's an age limit to be a pilot and when you have to take more driver's tests, there should be such an age limit in Congress and for the Supreme Court.

Charlie's acting the fool.

Amazes and saddens me that pols like Rangel, Louie Gohmert, and Steve King continued to get re-elected.

Sounds like a classic case of reverse Uncle Thomasing someone.

Amazes and saddens me that pols like Rangel, Louie Gohmert, and Steve King continued to get re-elected.

How about David Vitter? He went on TV dozens of times saying how Clinton should resign for having an affair while hiring prostitutes in DC and LA during the same time period.

There should also be a way to enact laws that Congress would never vote on. A perfect example is the law that allows Members of Congress to be exempt from insider trading laws. Maxine Waters and countless others on both side shouldn't be allowed to buy equities based on what laws they are about to pass.

Rangel is a professional jimmie rustler.

Maybe he was channeling his inner Chris Rock:

"Chris Rock: [on the government] They keep trying to scare us. They keep telling us to be on the lookout for Al-Qaeda. I ain't scared of Al-Qaeda! I'm from Brooklyn... I don't give a fuck about Al-Qaeda! Mother fuck Al-Qaeda. Did Al-Qaeda blow up the building in Oklahoma? NO! Did Al-Qaeda put anthrax in your mail? NO! Did Al-Qaeda drag James Byrd onto the street till his eyes popped out of his fuckin' head? NO! I ain't scared of Al-Qaeda! I'm scared of Al-Cracka!"

Funny...would not have guessed you would be so flippant about blatant public racism.

I was responding to WakeandBake, not the whole white cracker deal. I haven't even looked at it. Rangel is among the lowest of the low and an example of what's wrong with our system of government.

But I don't want to get in the way of your feigned outrage.

Back