• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte Airport Parking Advice Needed

Buttermaker

Reaction score
I need to fly out of Charlotte Thursday morning at 9:30 am. It has been some time since I had to park my car at that airport, and I read recently that the parking continues to be brutal with the construction and issues with shuttle buses. How early do I need to get there? Any suggestions for the best place to park?

The bigger issue might be traffic around Lake Norman or 85 south.

I generally waiver between valet and the daily lot. Valet if it's a one night trip and I know I want to race home for something important, like WSNLL baseball ;) Daily lot generally has availability, but resign yourself to the fact that you might be on the 5th level. I think it saves time to just drive straight up to 5 and find a spot near the elevator.

When the current mess is finished, will there be a walking path from the daily lot to the terminal?

I think it saves time to just drive straight up to 5 and find a spot near the elevator.

This. Just do the daily lot and drive to the top floors. I've never had a problem with the daily.

Oh, my....someone missed a recent thread! BAN him immediately!!!

I didn't mean it that way; I think what I'm recalling is discussion on one of the chat threads about how early one should arrive to get through security. Nothing more to add from this guy, carry on.

Drive up to 5 in the Daily Lot is my advice as well, unless you are flying for more than a week and want to save a few bucks at a long term lot.

If you're doing a longer trip, I'd recommend the Park n Go lot right off I-85. If you're coming from up north it's probably more convenient anyway, and they pick you up at your car so it doesn't matter how full the lot is. They're not the most professional looking operation, but they get me there and back reliably. If I'm checking a bag I'll plan to be at the lot 1 hour before departure, haven't had a time making the bag cut off.

Park n Go. So easy. Now if work was paying, I might do business valet, but yeah otherwise Park n Go.

All of this is true but the airport roads are all hacked up and looping through the airport takes longer, so shuttle waits are longer and even more crowded than usual if you park in the Daily Lot. I'd go business valet personally. Thursday morning isn't the heaviest travel time, so the Daily Lot should be a decent bet.

I've got the family of four flying out for vacation in a few weeks and we've already decided to use Uber and avoid the lots altogether.

For a 9:30am flight the traffic shouldn't be too bad. It's the 6:30am traffic backup that really sucks. You should be okay arriving at 8:15 for the decks.

And hey tagger who tagged "super busy airport," CLT is the seventh busiest airport in the world in terms of takeoffs and landings and 25th in terms of passengers, so you're right, it's busy.

Back