• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte BC Game Watching

MACdeac

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good bar to watch the game in Charlotte? Going to be there for the weekend and want to go somewhere that will definitely have it on TV and maybe have the volume going for it...

I haven't called around or looked at the "competition" to see what other big SEC/ACC (or Ohio State) games will on at the same time since I'm planning to head up to Winston to watch the game in Bridger. There are always the big sports bars that show every game, but you may not always be able to find a seat near the TV you want and sound is almost a guaranteed no.

Yeah, I wouldnt count on sound unless you go to some dive and ypure the only schmuck in the place. What part of Charlotte are you visiting? Makes a difference.

We used to get a nice little group together at Hef's but that died when everyone started having kids (and new ownership took over)

The guy that used to own Hef's now owns Lucky Lou's (the old Fairview Grille) down on Park Rd near Tyvola. He said if we ever want to put a group back together he'd be happy to host us. Not sure what sort of turnout we could put together for this weekend but I don't mind checking in with him if anyone is up for it.

. . . I'm also up for the kegger at HP's

Last edited:
I'm DVRing the game and going to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's, so no kegger.

We used to get a nice little group together at Hef's but that died when everyone started having kids (and new ownership took over)

The guy that used to own Hef's now owns Lucky Lou's (the old Fairview Grille) down on Park Rd near Tyvola. He said if we ever want to put a group back together he'd be happy to host us. Not sure what sort of turnout we could put together for this weekend but I don't mind checking in with him if anyone is up for it.

. . . I'm also up for the kegger at HP's

This is good to know...can't do this weekend but am down for the FSU game

Hef says we can get sound at Lucky Lou's if we want. I told him I'd put the word out there to check interest. They can put sound on two games. One inside and one outside with covered deck.

If people want to get together just post here and I'll send him a message that there should be a decent WF contingent coming with the understanding that we get sound in one of those two areas.

Back