• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte Mayor Arrested and Charged as a Result of FBI Sting

Charlotte Observers Michael Gordon floated these thinly veiled nuggets this very morning:

As the corruption investigation of former Charlotte Mayor Patrick Cannon went back underground Thursday, a nagging question hung over his embarrassed city:

Couldn’t this have been known before he was elected mayor in November?

According to an affidavit released this week, the FBI became aware of possible illegal activity of then-City Council member Cannon as early as August 2010.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/03...ake-so-long-on.html?sp=/99/102/#storylink=cpy

Busting a mayor is a much bigger headline than busting a councilman. These guys gotta think about their careers too guys.

Charlotte Observers Michael Gordon floated these thinly veiled nuggets this very morning:

tumblr_ma24sw5D041rpmw1no1_r1_500.gif

just skimmed the indictment. corruption is always kind of sad and infuriating at the same time, but even more so when it's so small ball. I mean he sold his soul and his family's future for $12,500 when he accepted the first (documented) bribe. $12,500.

They say everyone has their price, but what kind of pathetic bastard's price is $12,500?

just skimmed the indictment. corruption is always kind of sad and infuriating at the same time, but even more so when it's so small ball. I mean he sold his soul and his family's future for $12,500 when he accepted the first (documented) bribe. $12,500.

They say everyone has their price, but what kind of pathetic bastard's price is $12,500?

That's what they got him for, but I guaranty there were others. From what I hear, one of the Harris boys ratted him out to the FBI because Harris greased him for something and Cannon didn't deliver. The big questions are: (1) how much did he get in conjunction with the DNC contracts; and (2) how much did he get from the Intermodal site placement and contracts? He was pimping the Intermodal like it was his 17 year old stepdaughter during his campaign.

Of course the other elephant in the room is Foxx, but I imagine Obama will have that swept under the rug if there is anything to sweep.

Had not really given it a thought. Just making a connection between "dirty" mayors. These are just charges/allegations against the Charlotte mayor. He could be clean as far as I know. I do think buying influence is a major problem with this country on both sides of the aisle.

yeah i realized after asking that you were just being light-hearted.

That's what they got him for, but I guaranty there were others. From what I hear, one of the Harris boys ratted him out to the FBI because Harris greased him for something and Cannon didn't deliver. The big questions are: (1) how much did he get in conjunction with the DNC contracts; and (2) how much did he get from the Intermodal site placement and contracts? He was pimping the Intermodal like it was his 17 year old stepdaughter during his campaign.

Of course the other elephant in the room is Foxx, but I imagine Obama will have that swept under the rug if there is anything to sweep.

there may have been other incidents, there may not have been, but i wouldn't "guarantee it" based on "what [you've] heard." :)

Last edited:
So now Charlotte has a new mayor; and it's a white guy. Makes you think, huh?

No need to white-wash it...but it is a start

Back