• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread ♥️ : Support Academic & Railroad Labor! Fuck antisemitism in all forms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago, I also had Hertz tell me I never returned a car.

They called me up and asked when I was going to bring it back and I was like, I returned it when I said I would (like a week prior) and I have a receipt.

Instead of asking me for any documentation, the guy was just like, "Oh, OK" and then he hung up. Never heard about it again.

Your confidence in Georgia is unwarranted, lots of Biffs here that despite Vince Dooley killing himself rather than see Walker a senator, those UGA days are good enough for their vote.

Your confidence in Georgia is unwarranted, lots of Biffs here that despite Vince Dooley killing himself rather than see Walker a senator, those UGA days are good enough for their vote.
hopefully all the olds who held off til Election Day to vote (for the integrity of our elections !) are deterred by the rain

@JDawg

I'll start with stuff close to your hotel and the stadium.

Fin & Fino is a good option and close to the hotel.

There is a good oyster bar (Caroline's) and steakhouse (Dean's) in the new JW Mariott, which I assume is near where you're staying.

La Belle Helene is a good fancy French place, but not too fancy.

Mariposa and Bernadin's are also close by and are nice places.

Ink & Ivy is a decent option for drinks anytime. I'm sure someone will say it's an awful place, but the interior is fairly upscale, it's a big place, and you're going to be surrounded by people going to a football game most of the weekend. There is also a cluster of bars at French Quarter which will cater to football fans. Just google it and you'll find it, no problem.

Good rooftop bar at the top of the Kimpton called Merchant and Trade. Another good one is Aura at the JW Marriott, and the one at the top of the Grand Bohemian. Graham Street Pub and Patio has rooftop but is only a couple of stories and over by the stadium.

The night before the game you might want to take a short trip to SouthEnd. You can take the light rail a few stops, Uber, or walk. There are a lot of breweries, restaurants, and bars there and you won't be as trapped by the Pack/Terp crowd. A lot of that is also walking distance to the stadium, so it will fill up on Friday morning or after the game.

Let me know if you need more.

A few years ago, I also had Hertz tell me I never returned a car.

They called me up and asked when I was going to bring it back and I was like, I returned it when I said I would (like a week prior) and I have a receipt.

Instead of asking me for any documentation, the guy was just like, "Oh, OK" and then he hung up. Never heard about it again.
FBI building a case on you right now

The last two times I rented a car in the UK, I've gotten notices about 3 months later that during my trip I got a parking ticket and that the rental company was charging me a 20 pound processing fee and that I'd be receiving a separate ticket from the parking services authority for the actual ticket, then never got the tickets. Fuckin' scammers.

hopefully all the olds who held off til Election Day to vote (for the integrity of our elections !) are deterred by the rain

This is my hope as well. Polling shows very little support for Hershel among voters as opposed to voting against a Democrat. I don’t think that type of “enthusiasm” translates well for turnout on a day like today.

Charlotte Beer Garden is just a few blocks from the stadium and is great

Yeah, Beer Garden will be packed. Indoor/outdoor options.

This is my hope as well. Polling shows very little support for Hershel among voters as opposed to voting against a Democrat. I don’t think that type of “enthusiasm” translates well for turnout on a day like today.
so i'm still facebook friends with one of the fake electors (hate following). Everyone on his page is already complaining about how Dominion has already decided who wins this election and that the fix is in for Warnock, so I think that's a good sign - already giving up.

@JDawg

I'll start with stuff close to your hotel and the stadium.

Fin & Fino is a good option and close to the hotel.

There is a good oyster bar (Caroline's) and steakhouse (Dean's) in the new JW Mariott, which I assume is near where you're staying.

La Belle Helene is a good fancy French place, but not too fancy.

Mariposa and Bernadin's are also close by and are nice places.

Ink & Ivy is a decent option for drinks anytime. I'm sure someone will say it's an awful place, but the interior is fairly upscale, it's a big place, and you're going to be surrounded by people going to a football game most of the weekend. There is also a cluster of bars at French Quarter which will cater to football fans. Just google it and you'll find it, no problem.

Good rooftop bar at the top of the Kimpton called Merchant and Trade. Another good one is Aura at the JW Marriott, and the one at the top of the Grand Bohemian. Graham Street Pub and Patio has rooftop but is only a couple of stories and over by the stadium.

The night before the game you might want to take a short trip to SouthEnd. You can take the light rail a few stops, Uber, or walk. There are a lot of breweries, restaurants, and bars there and you won't be as trapped by the Pack/Terp crowd. A lot of that is also walking distance to the stadium, so it will fill up on Friday morning or after the game.

Let me know if you need more.
Thanks. The current plan is actually Dean's but who knows. Was just trying to sniff around a little

Sometimes I have to call rental car companies to track down evidence. I'll never forget one of my first calls years ago, I was trying to track down a rental car that had been in a drive by in Concord. I called the rental place in Concord asking about the make/model. The guy was like, "can you narrow it down further? Dates?" And I said, "sir, it's the one that came in all shot up. Full of bullet holes."

His reply was, "sir, that doesn't narrow it down. Cars come back with bullet holes all the time."

I was like, god damn. That's just such a departure from my experience.

I don't think the rain is going to have anything to do with it, but Walker is not going to win today.

He is one of millions of individual investors around the world who poured money into digital assets, believing the cryptocurrency industry was a stable financial system. They were cleareyed about the volatility and big price swings of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But what has come as a big surprise to many is that the firms where they deposited their money lacked the basic protections offered by a brokerage or a bank.

In early November, Adrian Butkus, a 43-year-old father of two, put $600,000 — much of his life savings — into an account at BlockFi, a cryptocurrency trading firm.

Why would you do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back