• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 1: Raptors in Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see you over here :)

Oh, thanks TW. You guys have done some excellent work.

My only worry is the sense of community. Are you hoping everyone will migrate and the other boards will simply cease to be used?

Oh, thanks TW. You guys have done some excellent work.

My only worry is the sense of community. Are you hoping everyone will migrate and the other boards will simply cease to be used?

We are hoping that by offering a better product and less censorship, we will bring people over. I think it would be cool to transplant the whole community, but I'm sure that won't happen immediately.

I worry that some people, and good posters too, won't like the lack of moderation. I feel like this format could replace the old one. I like the format alot, but some people won't like the ability to curse, for example.

I know the point is to create a place that people can be "free", but IMO that doesn't limit members too much. Preventing people from typing curse words isn't that big of a deal, I dont think. Maybe everyone else will disagree with me.

There is what your lack of censorship will bring, TW, hahaha.

I worry that some people, and good posters too, won't like the lack of moderation. I feel like this format could replace the old one. I like the format alot, but some people won't like the ability to curse, for example.

I know the point is to create a place that people can be "free", but IMO that doesn't limit members too much. Preventing people from typing curse words isn't that big of a deal, I dont think. Maybe everyone else will disagree with me.

I think you'll find that people won't curse as much as you think they will.

There isn't going to be a lack of moderation, but it won't be so constricting.

the newest member is cocksndeacs #winning.

Also...having a Red Oak on draught at Shorty's right now #winning.

I think that the Chat Thread on this Board is funny, since the entire "Pit" is just one huge Chat Thread.

Well it is right now. I think with more threads, the CT will retain its original purpose

Perhaps we do not need a Chat Thread here though. It seems that there are less old people here, and therefore less people will complain when a thread gets derailed. Especially since there is no #winning for the CT because of never ending threads.

figure this is as good a time as any to stop just lurking and start posting, like the new boards already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back