• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 120: It's Tuesday - Most Productive Day of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who actually hopes to someday get called for jury duty?

I would truly enjoy it. But in all reality, if I ever got called, I would be losing thousands of dollars because the business couldn't keep on going without me at this point.

What's the policy on nude representation of scissoring ?

I would truly enjoy it. But in all reality, if I ever got called, I would be losing thousands of dollars because the business couldn't keep on going without me at this point.

You mostly would just sit in a room for half a day with your computer and cell phone (at least in Forsyth County). It's not like you would go to Siberia for a month. Do you never take vacation?

You mostly would just sit in a room for half a day with your computer and cell phone (at least in Forsyth County). It's not like you would go to Siberia for a month. Do you never take vacation?

I have to be very strategic in planning vacations. I take a week long one each year, but still have cell phone and computer access. Depending on my months, I can sometimes take a 3-4 day weekend. This month is not one of those. The only days I won't work are this past weekend and last saturday. Keep in mind that when I take my week vacation, I have to start planning when it is and projects up to a year in advance. I also have to give my clients 2 mos notice that I am closed that week so that they can get projects and tasks in earlier.

Keep in mind, that most of my weeks, I have 2-3 days that i travel and meet with my customers or vendors.

Last edited:
I was before I actually got called. It mostly sucks. It's important though, imho at least.

For sure. I don't get people's mentality that jury duty is like the plague. It's an exceptionally important aspect of our legal system.

I've never been called but since I officially became a DC resident this year I expect to soon since there's such a small pool to draw from. I was called twice in college but of course unable to serve since I was in NC.

When I lived in GA I'd always get jury duty notices in the mail from my apt's previous tenant. I would write on the envelope to return to sender they no longer live there, and sure enough another one would show up a few weeks later. The envelopes even had threatening messages printed on them about neglecting to serve could equal jail time and such. was worried the cops would show up at my door one day.

For sure. I don't get people's mentality that jury duty is like the plague. It's an exceptionally important aspect of our legal system.

It's like the plague because you have to deal with the stupidest people in your county. If you're unfortunate enough to be selected for a jury, you'll be spending two or more days with them trying to reach a consensus. If you don't complete the experience with a complete and total disgust for our justice system, including the attorneys, you're not thinking straight.

Am I the only one who actually hopes to someday get called for jury duty?

i got called in Gaston County like a week after moving back to Forsyth a couple of years ago. Excused out of that. I'd be fine without ever getting called again :noidea:

If it's a busy time in your life (work, family, whatever), jury duty is a pain in the ass. It's simply an unplanned & unwanted item added on a full schedule.

If it's not a busy time, there are thousands of better ways to occupy your time.

You must be new here. WakeGal is very important. She has clients!

If it's a busy time in your life (work, family, whatever), jury duty is a pain in the ass. It's simply an unplanned & unwanted item added on a full schedule.

If it's not a busy time, there are thousands of better ways to occupy your time.

this guy gets it, well put

would the clients not be sympathetic to you getting jury duty? it's not like you're simply taking off work for the hell of it.

would the clients not be sympathetic to you getting jury duty? it's not like you're simply taking off work for the hell of it.

It depends on when it is. If its at the end of a big project, no.

I've talked to other business owners and they have the same opinion as me. Some of them have been called. They have said, even if they have employees, if it is a small business you will suffer significant financial loss. It is even worse if you get called up for federal court where you serve for 3 mos. You have to show up every week or so to see if you get called up. You do this for 3 months and you may not even get on a jury.

i just got a summon letter for jury duty last week too! Mine is scheduled for two days before I'm supposed to go to Miami for work so I'm trying to get a postponement. Defs would be kinda excited to serve though at a better time.

I had jury duty, they wanted me for the jury but I cried on the stand and got out of it. It was a vegan lady who was starving her kids and the trial was going to be 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back