• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 121: I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for you Deacfreak07
daily_picdump_1362_640_43.jpg

Is that a foreign bike?

So it is the kid that does it? I was wondering if I'd ever feel like a real adult. I thought the house and yard and mortgage would do it, but it did not.

:couch: well mostly I am fibbing when I say "one or two times" because I don't want to sound terribly gross. Laundry time is probably every 2 weeks. I don't know if I'll wear something once before laundry or 5 times before laundry. Like my lounging 'round the house clothes selection currently consist of 2 tanks, 2 short sleeve shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts, a hoodie, a pair of yoga pants and some old shorts. If it warms up the hoodie might not get worn much but I'll probably wash it next laundry day anyway.

fair enough, and no judgment on the 'one or two times' actually meaning 4-5. my lounging hoodie gets worn all the time and unceremoniously pitched into the closet when not in use; i'll wear it every evening for a week at least before i think 'hmm, i should toss this in with the rest of stuff.' lounge clothes are different in my mind, though.
as for a shirt i wear to work? it's either dirty or it's clean. if it's time to wash it, it goes into the washer (which doubles as a hamper) as soon as it comes off. if it's still 'clean', it gets put away again.

i wonder if i knew knight. class of 05 or 06?

Dude, I have a nearly-2-year-old. That is the death of youth.

Over the last six months, I've looked at my life and realized, "ok, I'm an adult now."

There is like this "responsibility threshold" that I crossed. Before I had a kid, I was like, "yeah, whatever, I'm still a kid." Now it's all, "every decision I make is based upon my family as opposed to any singular personal desire."

Timeline:
Graduated from High School: still a kid - doin' what I want
Graduated from undergrad: still a kid - doin' what I want
Got married: we're still kids - doin' what we want
Graduated from lawl skool: we're still kids - doin' what we want
Got a job: we're still kids - doin' what we want
Bought a house: we're still kids - doin' what we want
Had a kid: done. Adults now. We're not doin' much of anything outside of being parents.

WOO i got a ways to go!

Just had an embarrassing moment. I was walking out of my office and dropped ass at the doorway really loudly (because I don't care usually) and as I turn, I realize that our female intern is sitting at the front desk and clearly heard the mini Hiroshima. The only thing I could think to say was, "[Name of coworker], get out of my office."

*sigh* I'm not proud. Thing is, unless you go to Wake eventually, you just don't know what you're missing. I've been in some dark places - lol.

must. find. out. where. knight. went. it. is. my. new. elliot.

fair enough, and no judgment on the 'one or two times' actually meaning 4-5. my lounging hoodie gets worn all the time and unceremoniously pitched into the closet when not in use; i'll wear it every evening for a week at least before i think 'hmm, i should toss this in with the rest of stuff.' lounge clothes are different in my mind, though.
as for a shirt i wear to work? it's either dirty or it's clean. if it's time to wash it, it goes into the washer (which doubles as a hamper) as soon as it comes off. if it's still 'clean', it gets put away again.

I guess I'm mostly talking about loungey clothes. work clothes do go back on the hanger and sweaters back into the drawer. I just try to remember how many times they've been worn. I mean work clothes never really get dirty, I just sit at a desk all day, so it's arbitrary when they get "dirty" enough to wash.

Laundry is all about the smell test.

When there's a hamper full of dirty clothes, they get washed.

And then remain unfolded/put away for 3-4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back