• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 15: DeacHawk Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's legit, and he's a normal poster (behind teh parody), so it counts.

Oh, Bother.

eeyore.jpg

Gotta take a nap before going back to work. Somebody please fill me in on the happenings of the last half of the last chat thread.

PosRep will be given. Pleassssssssssssssse.

Just got to Prague with nublethunter and bone, posting from our hostel, which is ballin. I'm pumped about being here. Any advice on places to go/ things to do? We are also going to Dresden on Monday for the night.

dickvision is a fantastic parody name

:ipfw:

(I only used that thing because I have no clue how it's designed to be used.)

Just got to Prague with nublethunter and bone, posting from our hostel, which is ballin. I'm pumped about being here. Any advice on places to go/ things to do? We are also going to Dresden on Monday for the night.

How long will you be in Prague for? If it's just tonight and tomorrow, then go get your drink on. Central European chicks also love that stupid dance/discoteque type thing, so you can go get your drink on and find girls to hook up with there. There's a freakin' huge on in Prague (like 5 floors or something).

i just saw a bumper sticker on a car that simply said "I like watching the puddles gather rain."

awesome.

also, i wonder if ants can jump.

i mean i've never seen one but it's not like i've ever spent a lot of time investigating this.

<Engage mini-rant>

So one really annoying thing about Norway is that the stores are closed on Sunday. Why? Because it's a fake Christian country. It used to be Christian, but now no one believes in God. Anyway, though, they still have a big cross in their flag (two actually) and stupid laws like this one.

See, here's a flag, note the crosses:
no.gif

For the most part, adjusting is ok because you just go to the store on Saturday and if there's something you really, really need on Sunday, there a few "Sunday open" stores that are smaller than a certain square footage...something like 700 square feet. The shopping experience at these stores is comparable to going to Disneyworld in July...if you shrunk Disney to 1/4 of its current size and kept the same about of people.

So anyway, I'm going about my business today and I drive to the grocery store. I immediately notice how great the parking situation is and think how smart I am to wait until close to closing time to go to the store (it was 5:30 and the store closes at 7:00). I get out of my car, walk up to the store, and...bam...the doors are locked. WTF?

I then drive to another grocery store and the same thing happens. At this point I call my wife and she says, "Oh, maybe the stores are closed early because MONDAY is a holiday." Monday? Seriously? So the stores need to close early on Saturday? Eventually, I realize that I'm going to have to go to one of those tiny, shitty stores that's open on Sundays in order to buy groceries for tonight.

Remember Disneyworld? Shrink it to 1/10 of its current size and you've got the crowdedness this store had today. Apparently everyone else forgot that normal stores closed at 4:00 today as well...probably because IT'S NOT POSTED ANYWHERE. :umkc:

So anyway, after 45 minutes of bumping and grinding my way through the tiny shithole of a grocery store, I can make dinner. These had better be the best nachos of all time.

Last edited:
also, i wonder if ants can jump.

i mean i've never seen one but it's not like i've ever spent a lot of time investigating this.

Jerdon's jumping ant (Harpegnathos saltator) is able to jump by synchronising the action of its mid and hind pairs of legs. There are several species of gliding ant including Cephalotes atratus; this may be a common trait among most arboreal ants. Ants with this ability are able to control the direction of their descent while falling.

Question answered. Only certain ants can jump.

England does that shit too but at least they're open on Sundays until like 2 or 3. Basically everything was closed on Sundays except pubs from what I can remember, or at least anything I ever needed to do was closed when I needed to do it on a Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back