• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 162: We got some crazy bacon hatin' mutha fuckas around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palma and Leebs, I wonder if you guys will ever hook up again. It's probably unlikely, but I'd never say never.

lulz just got this email from our CFO

All,

We have just been informed by the Building Manager that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, will be having a meeting with his staff in our building this afternoon between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. and the building staff will strictly enforce the security entrance requirements for all tenants in the building.

We have also been notified that there is the possibility of an organized protest during this time outside of the building on Chestnut Street that may impede your ability to leave the office via the front doors. The building security is aware of the situation and will act appropriately to ensure that employees can enter and exit the building, but we recommend that in the event of a protest, that staff do not engage the protestors and use the side or rear exits when leaving the building.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need additional information.

Thanks
XXXX

i would have almost certainly been a huuuuge hippie had i lived in the 60s, but not one of those politically active hippies, a stoner deadbeat hippie who toured with the Dead and sold grilled cheeses and tie dyes and took a bunch of acid and wrote bad poetry

That's not true townie

You could live the equal to that life now as a gutter punk yet you have a real job with responsibilities

Well, it was half price wine night at the restaurant last night so naturally I drank a whole bottle, then followed with some scotch before stumbling home and getting stoned. I am not at work today.

That's not true townie

You could live the equal to that life now as a gutter punk yet you have a real job with responsibilities

no band like the dead worth touring with

sometimes i genuinely think that would have been my life had i been born in another era

i wrote a terrible, rj-level short story about it once, called Boogs

i think it was wakephan09's favorite of mine

8NXsd.gif

Well, it was half price wine night at the restaurant last night so naturally I drank a whole bottle, then followed with some scotch before stumbling home and getting stoned. I am not at work today.

my man

no band like the dead worth touring with

sometimes i genuinely think that would have been my life had i been born in another era

i wrote a terrible, rj-level short story about it once, called Boogs

i think it was wakephan09's favorite of mine
Maybe... I feel like lots of people think that but the truth is you'd probably have a comparable job and talk about how if you had been a generation younger then you'd be up in Paris drinking with all day like Hemingway and his posse

Maybe... I feel like lots of people think that but the truth is you'd probably have a comparable job and talk about how if you had been a generation younger then you'd be up in Paris drinking with all day like Hemingway and his posse

david foster wallace summarizes kafka to suggest that we're all standing at a door, knocking at it, waiting impatiently, stomping our foot and then it opens out and we go outside, but when we turn around, we realize we're where we've wanted to be the whole time

david foster wallace summarizes kafka to suggest that we're all standing at a door, knocking at it, waiting impatiently, stomping our foot and then it opens out and we go outside, but when we turn around, we realize we're where we've wanted to be the whole time

That's really beautiful, man.

came from his essay on why kafka is funny, and why it's impossible to teach that concept to american college students

all based around this kafka parable

"Alas," said the mouse, "the whole world is growing smaller every day. At the beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad when I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner stands the trap that I must run into."

"You only need to change your direction," said the cat, and ate it up.

Fuck. That's tight.

he suggests it's no coincidence college students party so hard, that it's because they need release from the heaviest intellectual load of their life (paired obviously with newfound independence and an unknown path ahead of them)

so american humor is about release, escapism, subverted expectations

whereas much of european humor is inextricable from heavy shit like death/mortality, and that's why you can't teach american college students that kafka is funny

I like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back