• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
nativity_1.jpg

Good luck renting out a manger.

lol damn. Some of my typos recently have been next level.

come New Year's I'm ready to get the decorations down. we spent NYE taking down our tree after our son went to bed.

Usually leave stuff up until Epiphany. Outside decorations are are hard take down at that point. We left the trees up inside until this past weekend because the wife wanted them and was a bit of a pandemic pick-me-up.

Usually leave stuff up until Epiphany. Outside decorations are are hard take down at that point. We left the trees up inside until this past weekend because the wife wanted them and was a bit of a pandemic pick-me-up.

Is the Epiphany a celebration of realizing how to deal with me?

How many pairs of shoes do you have that you routinely wear? And how often do you buy new shoes? I think I have 5 & besides the pair of boots I have, I replace the other four yearly.

How many pairs of shoes do you have that you routinely wear? And how often do you buy new shoes? I think I have 5 & besides the pair of boots I have, I replace the other four yearly.

I always have a pair of work boots (I used to do lace up, but now cowboy). 1.

I always have a pair of running/gym shoes at the gym in my locker and at my house. 2, 3.

I always have at least two pair of dress shoes for court, one black, one brown. 4, 5.

I always have a pair of sandals. 6.

Every now and then, I'll have some boat shoes or something for the summer and shorts. 7.

I just re-upped my court shoes and got two new black pair (one laces, the other not); brown pairs are still good. I also picked up a second pair of sandals, so now I have a pair of black sandals and a pair of brown sandals.

So, since I have more than 10 pairs of shoes now, I'm officially gay. I'm out, guys. Please queue up to fuck me in the ass.

I have one pair of really nice brown leather dress shoes for work. Standard like driving loafers for more casual purposes with jeans. Nikes for working out.

But lately it seems like the only pair of shoes I ever wear are my Allbirds. Perfect for any quarantine activity basically.

I have one pair of really nice brown leather dress shoes for work. Standard like driving loafers for more casual purposes with jeans. Nikes for working out.

But lately it seems like the only pair of shoes I ever wear are my Allbirds. Perfect for any quarantine activity basically.

You do shoes right, my man.

2 pairs of Allbirds for when I wear jeans (v rare these days). pair of brown leather dress shoes for work (think I've worn once since March). Rainbows and Birks are what I usually wear to run errands or whatever since I'm usually just wearing Under Armour shorts unless it's bitterly cold. Also have some Chacos and Sanuk flip flops for anything water-related. some Nikes for exercise.

in quarantine i have a pair of outside shoes for dog walk/light outdoor work, a pair of bean boots i wear in shit weather, a pair of sneakers for casual stuff and some leather boots i wear to my office if/when I go in.

so 4

2 pairs of brown dress shoes/1 pair of black that I never wear anymore.

Work boots.

Trail runners that I replace yearly.

Street runners that I replace yearly

Keens for the river.

Basketball shoes that I replace yearly.

Rainbows that I used to wear everywhere until my feet became too busted to display publicly.

Sanuks that have taken the place of rainbows.

Last edited:
The ones I wear the most are:
2 pair of OnClouds that I wear most of the time
2 pairs of loafers that I wear if I need to be a little less business casual
2 pairs of golf shoes
1 pair of Olu Kai flip flops
1 pair of workout shoes
1 pair of old shoes for yardwork

Also, more occasionally wear:
Black Captoes, brown brogues, tan bucs, UGG slippers, hiking shoes, Sorel snow boots

I don't buy a lot of new shoes. The work sneakers and workout sneakers last about 9-12 months. Golf shoes last about 3 years. I've had my loafers and other dress shoes over 10 years, but you've got to look at those as investments.

Last edited:
The ones I wear the most are:
2 pair of OnClouds that I wear most of the time
2 pairs of loafers that I wear if I need to be a little less business casual
2 pairs of golf shoes
1 pair of Olu Kai flip flops
1 pair of workout shoes
1 pair of old shoes for yardwork

Also, more occasionally wear:
Black Captoes, brown brogues, tan bucs, UGG slippers, hiking shoes, Sorel snow boots

forgot the golf shoes.

Brown work shoes
Black work shoes
Casual shoes
Sneakers
Hiking Boots
Chacos
Flip Flops
Beat up old sneakers that stay outside on the porch to mow the yard, etc.

I mean by definition any rent is income. The question is whether or not the expenses outweigh the income.

a) the chat thread being about rental property is definitely a long way from the origins of chat thread 1
b) for all rental properties I have ever had, once you layer in depreciation and interest, you end up with a loss. That would definitely be the case with a beach house that isn't rented year round AND has a fair amount of annual maintenance or HOA dues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back