• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a required cultural competency course for work right now and found out I have serious implicit bias against the morbidly obese and the tech challenged old folks

Not that big of a problem when you consider thier life expectancies.

I feel bad for grilling when my neighbors are on their patio since the charcoal smoke always travels over there. They also keep their windows open a lot. But nice weather requires it.

Great sailing weekend in Charleston. We had some absolutely phenomenal weather. Had seafood at The Darling and 167 Raw. Both were really good though I’m not sure 167 was as life changing as the hype would lead you to believe. Went to Bourbon & Bubbles also which was fine but they were out of most of what I wanted to drink. Speaks more to the state of the bourbon market than it does to the bar but still a little disappointing.

Also holy shit there were bachelorette parties everywhere. On boats, in bars, walking down the street. Everywhere.

Great sailing weekend in Charleston. We had some absolutely phenomenal weather. Had seafood at The Darling and 167 Raw. Both were really good though I’m not sure 167 was as life changing as the hype would lead you to believe. Went to Bourbon & Bubbles also which was fine but they were out of most of what I wanted to drink. Speaks more to the state of the bourbon market than it does to the bar but still a little disappointing.

Hey I was there this weekend, too! Well, Isle of Palms but we went into Charleston Friday night and walked past 167 Raw around 5:00 and overheard that the wait was 2 hours. Absurd. Went up to Shems Creek Saturday night and that area was packed, too.

Hey I was there this weekend, too! Well, Isle of Palms but we went into Charleston Friday night and walked past 167 Raw around 5:00 and overheard that the wait was 2 hours. Absurd. Went up to Shems Creek Saturday night and that area was packed, too.

Yeah I saw your earlier post, great weather to be down there this weekend. 167 is my wife’s favorite place down there so we had an early lunch there before heading home. There were 15-20 people lined up at 10:50 for the opening at 11. If you want to try it in the future, which I do recommend, it seems like you can get there early and get on the list then get drinks or whatever. Versus having to literally wait there.

Drinks somewhere else that is. Or just walk around the battery.

For Juice, our captain was a super cool dude and had drinks and played Oh Hell with us each night. Guy is 31 and “works” 5-6 days teaching offshore sailing classes and doing these charters for a few days at a time. Days off he just surfs, crushes some beers or takes out on of their fleet’s sail or power boats. Pretty sweet life.

We got back from Florida yesterday and booked a long weekend in Hilton Head for June today.

Big fan of the Thursday to Sunday trips. Not out of the office long enough to get stressed about work piling up. Long enough to enjoy two full beach days weather permitting.

I have had some odd injuries in my day but my parents stayed with our son while we were in Florida and my mom changed the sheets on our bed. I think she made the bed so tight my foot was at a weird angle all night and my ankle is swollen and it hurts to put weight on it.

My wife and I have separate comforters. She's a light sleeper and when we shared a comforter I would wake her up when I moved.

It's kind of weird but it works. And it's impossible to make a bed with 2 comforters, so that's cool. Never have to worry about those corners.

My wife and I have separate comforters. She's a light sleeper and when we shared a comforter I would wake her up when I moved.

It's kind of weird but it works. And it's impossible to make a bed with 2 comforters, so that's cool. Never have to worry about those corners.

It’s like how they do in Europe with two twins pushed together and in some countries like Finland you get your own comforter.

I was so confused by cav's story then I realized he has not yet been liberated from the tyranny of the top sheet

morning mako

also what's not to like about the top sheet? It allows temperature control and keeps sweat (etc) from the comforter.

the nice thing about being absent minded is that i can enjoy conversations multiple times. my wife just rolls her eyes when i tell her some story for the fourth time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back