• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B5-lDJWCUAAwfya.jpg

iHjq5te.jpg

a thing I simply cannot explain is how much I love plantain chips

objectively, they're just fine, but I find them irresistible, especially the Trader Joe's version

must be the crunch

as ATS has said, the food delivery apps are miserable for everyone

I had like $20 off an Uber Eats order from a targeted promo if I spent $25+, but by the time they add all the fees and whatnot it pretty much washes promo amount, and that's before tip (not just the tip, ya know?)

pretty much done with those too

i've made this point before, but gf still doesn't understand why meal-delivery apps get me heated

shit's expensive, a terrible business model, and we have a car

i don't care where it is, i'll go pick it up

Did you ever go to Ñoños or was that too far north? One of the best.

I brought up Cabana as an alternative to Taco Bell. In no way could it compete with a top notch taco place like El Primo.

If we want to bring San Antonio into the discussion we can talk tacos all day. Taco heaven.

I assume you're asking me, KRR?

Never made it to nunos, but added it to the list for next time I'm back (which should be regularly after the pandemic).

You're right that cabana > taco bell.

I'm all in for talking tacos. Way better than talking fruit.

Tacos are all about the vibes

I think this is it. I just ate White Duck in Charlotte for lunch and it doesn't touch the ones I had in Johnson City or Greenville. I'm thinking the 4 IPA's leading up to it is what makes them so tasty

i've made this point before, but gf still doesn't understand why meal-delivery apps get me heated

On the flip side if I'm a gig worker myself now making X $/hr, X is more than the $10 I'd save driving 30 mins to order and pick it up myself. I average $5 tip per lunch, so I'm sure its worth this persons' time.

On the flip side if I'm a gig worker myself now making X $/hr, X is more than the $10 I'd save driving 30 mins to order and pick it up myself. I average $5 tip per lunch, so I'm sure its worth this persons' time.

lol that "gig workers" are doing the math on this when you factor in the flexible pricing and constantly changing incentives/fees that deliberately obscure the cost(s)

Yeah most services dont deliver out to us even though we’re not that far out. Plus after WFH all day I don’t mind going to pick up dinner.

a thing I simply cannot explain is how much I love plantain chips

objectively, they're just fine, but I find them irresistible, especially the Trader Joe's version

must be the crunch

You ever had the ones with dark chocolate from TJ's? Fire.

El Vilsito in the Navarte district of Mexico City has the best al pastor tacos I've ever had. The place is an auto repair shop in the day and turns into a super popular local spot at night. Birrieria las Nueve Esquinas in Guadalajara might be the best taco I've ever had, even if they're more known for their birria.

I don't get the sense a lot of people tip $5

You ever had the ones with dark chocolate from TJ's? Fire.

sounds dangerous -- not sure I've ever seen them

got the chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels the other day, which is pretty much just butterfingers candy

I’m generally not a fan but we have a small child and there’s not a great selection near us but the food apps deliver a decent amount of stuff.

Atlanta traffic to pick up food can be miserable depending on where I need to go.

Also, I need to bill X hours to hit my targets and I prioritize saving time whenever possible.

I also don't have a car because I'm better than you in caring for the enviornment

I don't get the sense a lot of people tip $5

When customers have the feeling that the delivery service is over-priced and they are overwhelmed by all the fees and such, they tip less.

My daughter told me she ordered Papa John's pizza for her and a friend through Uber Eats and it was like $40. Really?

When customers have the feeling that the delivery service is over-priced and they are overwhelmed by all the fees and such, they tip less.

My daughter told me she ordered Papa John's pizza for her and a friend through Uber Eats and it was like $40. Really?

lol why would she do that

I assume you're asking me, KRR?

Never made it to nunos, but added it to the list for next time I'm back (which should be regularly after the pandemic).

You're right that cabana > taco bell.

I'm all in for talking tacos. Way better than talking fruit.

Yeah I am so slow on the chat thread 15 posts got put in between. Birria tacos seem to be the hot thing here now. I had a great one from a food truck, but cannot for the life of me remember the name now. I do not think it is well known, but it should be. So now I am spending time trying to figure it out.

If anyone likes carnitas at all and find themselves in San Antonio please visit Carnitas Lonja. All they do is carnitas. Since 2018 anytime I have to travel back from visiting in laws in Corpus I ensure the family is packed and out of there in time to get to Lonja before it closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back