• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to the doc office yesterday to get my annual poison ivy rash looked at. the CNP used the hard R with me, as in "this is gonna sound retarded, but...."

are you not allowed to say retarded if you're not referring to a person?

I'll tell you what's not retarded...Tacos and beer.

Just ate at the White Duck in AVL on Riverside and I kind of want to go back in and eat 3 more. But I'm fat and that's what fat people do.

went to the doc office yesterday to get my annual poison ivy rash looked at. the CNP used the hard R with me, as in "this is gonna sound retarded, but...."

Woof. That's super unprofessional.

What'd you say to them? You call them out or just roll with it?

I'll tell you what's not retarded...Tacos and beer.

Just ate at the White Duck in AVL on Riverside and I kind of want to go back in and eat 3 more. But I'm fat and that's what fat people do.

wow thanks for the invite creamy, go try taco billy too if you want some more tacos, its not too far

wow thanks for the invite creamy, go try taco billy too if you want some more tacos, its not too far

I always forget about the AVL boards bros. Mainly because I'm always up here for work and just squeeze in a little play play while I can. I'm here once or twice a month, so I'll shoot you a message next time I know I'm coming up.

Still wanna kick it with Barca too.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said “I’m a nurse. What’s your superpower?” and that hard r nurse seems like the kind of person to have that on their car.

anyone done acupuncture? I can get a free session once a month as a benefit.

Did it. Was relaxing at first...Ended up being in the most pain of all time. The lady was targeting places that were supposed to help with blood pressure/anxiety and all that...And man oh man. I was letting F bombs fly and I was in just crazy pain.

I accepted that acupuncture couldn't fix what I've already chemically fucked up in my body.

I always forget about the AVL boards bros. Mainly because I'm always up here for work and just squeeze in a little play play while I can. I'm here once or twice a month, so I'll shoot you a message next time I know I'm coming up.

Still wanna kick it with Barca too.

Ha, you're good, busy prepping for baby arrival here and had about a million things arriving at house today I had to stick around and watch out/sign for.

like a coward i just let her go; she was a late boomer aged woman.

Did you ask to see her ID? You might have mis-profiled her when you identified her as a late-aged boomer woman. If she was born in 1945, you might have been able to reason with her. But if she was born in 1946, then clearly that was not going to happen.

ok boomer

Well thought out response.

If I came on here and made disparaging generalizations about a group of people based on their ethnicity, race, gender, or sexual orientation, some of you would go nuts. In fact, were I to do it often enough, I’d get banned. But it’s perfectly fine to make lazy assumptions about someone based on their age.

BTW, you’re right. I am a boomer. But I would never say, “…this may sound retarded…” I guess that makes me the only person born between 1946 and 1964 who wouldn’t say that or who wouldn’t listen to reasoned criticism had I said it.

lol people have been making lazy generalizations about millenials for the last 10-20 years, we don't GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back