• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2023 Annual Self-Evaluations due Friday, January 12 at noon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spent 1 hour and 48 minutes on the phone with Expedia. Cliff's notes version (skipping past the conversation with the agent):
Supervisor: Sorry we can't help you. It is what it is.
Me: Ok, that's fine. Can I get your information? I just want to make sure that when I file a fraud charge against Expedia that they know who to talk to.
Supervisor: Um, hold on please. So what we're going to do is refund you your money. Sound good?
Me: (y)

Just spent 1 hour and 48 minutes on the phone with Expedia. Cliff's notes version (skipping past the conversation with the agent):
Supervisor: Sorry we can't help you. It is what it is.
Me: Ok, that's fine. Can I get your information? I just want to make sure that when I file a fraud charge against Expedia that they know who to talk to.
Supervisor: Um, hold on please. So what we're going to do is refund you your money. Sound good?
Me: (y)

I’m pretty sure I’ve told this story, but my wife had short term disability when she got pregnant with our daughter. (My thoughts on the fact that we have to rely on that in this country are immaterial to this story.)

They kept jerking her around on payment and her coverage was extended because of a minor complication that required an additional operation. She spent like two months going back and forth and talking to various supervisors.

I told her the next time you call them, ask the legal address of the company so we know where to serve legal papers.

We had the check for the full amount a week later.

It wasn’t a ton of money and not having it wasn’t keeping us from feeding our kids, but not everybody is in that position and that pisses me off.

Man when I was between wives I had a couple married women that I knew previously through social circles clearly wanting to get a piece of me. Hella awkward.

But not as awkward as my current sitch. At a music performance at my son’s school…where my ex teaches…and I’ve seen three different single moms that I got to know very personally over this like 8 week bender. Good times.

Yeah, I remember that. I think it was sometime around the time that I was going to fire bomb Delta’s HQ. Had to get Amex to intervene, but I got my money back then too.

One of them was previously married to a cop who got fired for beating the shit out of people. And they were very early in their separation and somehow he became very aware of some pretty aggressive texts between us. Legit feared for my life.

I think they could probably collectively deadlift @mako1331’s PR bc I think most people could collectively deadlift most weights assuming they’re not all 99 pound weaklings. Dude isn’t deadlifting 800 pounds.

The only thing mako deserves trash talk over is his calves, but tbh idk if I’ve seen a photo of mako’s calves. Just biffs
They’re wildly disproportionate to the rest of my body. Think the antithesis of birdman’s hands.

One of them was previously married to a cop who got fired for beating the shit out of people. And they were very early in their separation and somehow he became very aware of some pretty aggressive texts between us. Legit feared for my life.

My wife was dating a former SEAL when we first got together. He wasn’t super happy and was a pretty unstable guy. Pretty sure my death was planned at some point.

My wife was dating a 6-9 Puerto Rican basketball player for App when we met. He was pretty too. I never understood why she made the switch but he was actually a pretty nice guy and didn’t take it to her or try to kill me when we ran into him. I doubt he was lacking for other options though.

I have gotten back into listening to music over the last year or so. Previously i would’ve just said Ben Folds is my favorite. Now depending on the day it might be Chicago, Talking Heads, Harry Nilsson, or Fleetwood Mac.

Music is fun I can see why people like it

So you just like…didn’t listen to music at all? Or just a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back