• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 29: IF YOU CAN'T GO TO COLLEGE, GO TO STATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like its been covered a lot. Watching MSNBC earlier when they were airing the actual coverage from that day was definitely surreal. Also liked the NFL and the start of 1pm games where everyone in all stadiums simultaneously watched the tribute presentation and then went into the National Anthem right after that.

Yeah, that's kind of how I approached this morning. Said a good long prayer when I got up, and definitely appreciated all I did today. I guess I was just a little surprised at the larger events that nothing was said/done.

UF Halftime last night was a tribute to 9/11. I really can't watch some of the stuff. I mentioned earlier, but a guy in my brother's unit threw out the first pitch at the Pirates-Marlins game. He limped to the mound in his dress blues. Apparently, he's had 9 operations.

My dad watched it all from the board room at his office at the time a few blocks away. Luckily the blackberry data lines were still working and he was able to get word to my mom that he was all was ok.

My boss was supposed to have a breakfast meeting at 800 that morning at the restaurant on the top floor but was running late and was about 2 blocks away when the first plane hit.

I'm not sure if it was for a 9/11 tribute, but there was a fly over in Columbia this afternoon. I was crossing the street when the planes flew over. All of the cars at the intersection didn't move and all of the pedestrians stopped until after we couldn't see the planes anymore. It was like having a spontaneous moment of silence.

I'm not sure if it was for a 9/11 tribute, but there was a fly over in Columbia this afternoon. I was crossing the street when the planes flew over. All of the cars at the intersection didn't move and all of the pedestrians stopped until after we couldn't see the planes anymore. It was like having a spontaneous moment of silence.

I have no idea. There is that military base in Columbia, so it could be possible.

On another note, fighter jets were scrambled for 2 flights today, but the DHS has said that if the passengers had done the same things on any other day, the jets would have been scrambled. My understanding is it is fairly regular for jets to be scrambled. I know of a few incidents of small planes getting into restricted airspace and either jets were scrambled or the ground security was ready to take fire.

I think I have a crush on the blogger chicdeac from chicdeac.blogspot.com

just listened to it...of the three songs it's #3.....but that's why B&R has 31 flavors.

SMH Why do I ever go over to Thunderdome??? the great RJKarl is trying to say that Nas' NY State of Mind isn't as good as (!!!!) Empire State of Mind or (!!!!!!!) New York State of Mind. WTF

I think I have a crush on the blogger chicdeac from chicdeac.blogspot.com

Because they pick out amazing clothes and love wake? I seriously wish I could afford all the clothes that they blog about!

I'm currently stalking sidereel for the entourage finale.

This bourbon is smooth. At least being unemployed means I get to sleep in tomorrow.

This bourbon is smooth. At least being unemployed means I get to sleep in tomorrow.

One of my best friends is in a similar situation. Law school grad, etc and the prospects are dim. The market is just miserable! I truly hate the situation for you both!

One of my best friends is in a similar situation. Law school grad, etc and the prospects are dim. The market is just miserable! I truly hate the situation for you both!

Appreciate that. People have way worse adversity though so I'm not going to complain about it. It is a small blip on life's radar. I'll get something eventually I hope. For now, I'm fortunate enough to have a place to stay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back