• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CHAT THREAD 60: Posted From Stolen Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
Dear friends and fellow Wake Forest enthusiasts,

As we gather here in this digital space to share our thoughts, laughter, and camaraderie on the Wake Forest message board Chat Thread, let's take a moment to acknowledge and express our gratitude to the people whose land we stand on. The threads that weave through this online community connect us all, transcending physical boundaries and bringing together Demon Deacon fans from various corners of the world.

We recognize and honor the indigenous peoples who have been stewards of this land for generations. Their rich histories, cultures, and contributions are woven into the fabric of the very ground beneath us. As we engage in lively discussions, debates, and celebrations, let us do so with a mindful awareness of the land's original inhabitants and their enduring connection to it.

Thank you to the past, present, and future caretakers of this land. May our interactions on this Chat Thread reflect the respect, inclusivity, and sense of community that we strive to foster here.

Go Deacs!

With gratitude,
Deacsfan27

Last edited:
The OGBoards respectfully acknowledges that it sits on the traditional territory of RJKarl. We honor the gratitude of the boards itself and RJKarl. This acknowledgement is only meaningful when combined with accountable relationships and informed actions and is a first step in honoring the boards on which we post and RJKarl.

@Deacsfan27 - for such a laudable poster, I would have expected a better RSMR. The talent, pedigree, coaching are all there. It's like the nation is waiting for you to realize your potential and seize what is rightfully yours. Is this Chat Thread his great awakening? Perhaps he is like Andy Enfield and the USC Trojans.

@Deacsfan27 - for such a laudable poster, I would have expected a better RSMR. The talent, pedigree, coaching are all there. It's like the nation is waiting for you to realize your potential and seize what is rightfully yours. Is this Chat Thread his great awakening? Perhaps he is like Andy Enfield and the USC Trojans.
As long as I get to be with Mrs. Enfield I am in.

Got two studs on my roster this year too, so I am pulling out all stops.

Ugh. Trying to schedule a daily stand-up with your team that is 5 east coast employees and 1 west coast dude. THE WORST.

A lunch stand-up completely defeats the point.
I have Tuesday and Thursday meetings with my team at 8:30 as a standing appointment to go over workload/markets. Used to be MWF, but that was just too much meeting for my liking.

A stand-up? Take it to the business jargon thread.
Lol. Standard-ish tech practice where you meet up with your (small) team daily to talk about what you did yesterday, what you plan on doing today, and your blockers. When I started at my company 12 years ago we literally did them standing up around a table in-office at 9:30am every morning

Now that we are remote and on different time zones I have pushed for async stand-ups (via Slack) on 3 days of the week at least. Otherwise we're all hopping in a google meet/zoom chat to do a quick sync the other 2 days.

The OGBoards respectfully acknowledges that it sits on the traditional territory of RJKarl. We honor the gratitude of the boards itself and RJKarl. This acknowledgement is only meaningful when combined with accountable relationships and informed actions and is a first step in honoring the boards on which we post and RJKarl.
We acknowledge that we are gathered on the ancestral lands of the RJKarl Tribe, whose presence in this territory spans countless generations. We pay our respects to their elders past and present, as well as to the emerging leaders who continue to carry their traditions forward.

This land has served as the home and sustenance of the RJKarl Tribe for time immemorial, and their deep connection to the earth, water, sky, and self-publishing community has shaped the customs, languages, and cultures that endure to this day.

We recognize the historical injustices and the ongoing impacts of tags and negreps that have disrupted the lives and communities of the RJKarl Tribe. As we benefit from the resources and opportunities made possible by these lands and this Great Author, we must also acknowledge our responsibility to be mindful of our impact on this territory and to support the self-determination and well-being of the RJKarl Tribe and all Indigenous digital nomads.

We commit to learning from and standing in solidarity with the RJKarl Tribe, as well as the wider South Huntington Beach community, as we strive to foster a more just and equitable future for all. May we work together to uphold the principles of reconciliation, respect, and cooperation.

Is your job primarily macro/big picture projects that take a while to complete? I could see how that is helpful to help prioritize/verbalize what your focus is for the day.

which industry incurs the greater future penalties/damages:

Online sports betting
or
Social media companies (thinking specifically IG, youtube targeting youth with addictive practices)?

Working on a national team we have tons of mid-day meetings Eastern time. I don’t mind it because I rarely do anything for lunch unless I have a #client meeting.

Is your job primarily macro/big picture projects that take a while to complete? I could see how that is helpful to help prioritize/verbalize what your focus is for the day.
Bigger projects get broken down into smaller parts but even those can take anywhere from 1-10 days apiece to finish. It's helpful for identifying blockers mostly or when someone is struggling (e.g. a junior dev running into issues on a task that is harder than it initially appeared)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back