• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 69-ing. pitcest??

Status
Not open for further replies.
so when my uncle retired his firm got him a $10,000 gift certificate there. only problem: he was stuck in a wheelchair and it was not wheelchair friendly. ended up giving it to his long-time secretary. i was still in school, and my aunt informed if i had been up here they would probs have given it to me. fucking dagger.

That would have been monte

also, i feel like there's a lesson there about working too hard and too long to reap the rewards.

For real. My father-in-law retired at 55 and my dad retired at 63. Gotta give up at some point and enjoy your shit.

yeah he didn't retire until he was like 70 or w/e and had to because of his health. sucks mang.

hey dkn, not sure if it's near you but check out the new Korean bbq truck. I forget the name now, but it's not TaKorean, but has awesome tacos.

hey dkn, not sure if it's near you but check out the new Korean bbq truck. I forget the name now, but it's not TaKorean, but has awesome tacos.

I'll have to try and find it. My fav korean truck is Korengy, but TaKorean is pretty dope. Speaking of TaKorean though, have you checked out Union Market yet? Takorean just opened a stall there. Place is going to be pretty sweet once all of the planned shops/restaurants open up.

I'll have to try and find it. My fav korean truck is Korengy, but TaKorean is pretty dope. Speaking of TaKorean though, have you checked out Union Market yet? Takorean just opened a stall there. Place is going to be pretty sweet once all of the planned shops/restaurants open up.

I really wish Korengy would offer some fried egg with their bimimbap. They are freakin' delicious, regardless, but it would make it so much better.

Whaaaa? It's not advertised. Guess I should just ask next time.

You defs gotta get that egg. Similarly, when you go to Toki Underground, you gots to order the soft boiled to crack in your ramen. Takes it to a different level of super.

Heading out to a Wake alumni event in Boston for the Wake-Clemson game on Thursday. I'm excited. I only know like five Wake grads up here so it'll be nice to meet some more.

is it better than takorean?

it might be, but I haven't had TaKorean in a while, so maybe it isn't. regardless, it was enjoyable. this is the one:

Kimchi BBQ Taco
http://foodtruckfiesta.com/kimchi-bbq-taco-food-truck/

and I haven't been to Union Market yet, either. but I do want to check it out. I've heard good things about the Rapphannock Oyster Bar, which doesn't surprise me because I've been to their original restaurant, Merroir, and it's great. it's just a shack of a restaurant at the mouth of the Rappahannock River and right near their oyster beds. very pleasant experience sitting out by the water and eating uber fresh oysters and other great seafood. I went for lunch one day when my fiance still lived in Fredericksburg, but it's a bit of a haul from DC.

need to go to toki so bad. goin to cordoroy tomorrow!

Went to cordoroy for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Really liked the food, though the service was a little weird. I think our waiter may moonlight as a serial rapist.

Heading out to a Wake alumni event in Boston for the Wake-Clemson game on Thursday. I'm excited. I only know like five Wake grads up here so it'll be nice to meet some more.

my new roommate is a Clemson grad. ugh, not looking forward to watching it with them.

my new roommate is a Clemson grad. ugh, not looking forward to watching it with them.

Yeah this girl in my law school class is a huge F$U fan and I knew I didn't wanna watch with her. Hung out with her after the game and was just like smh. Watched the F$U-State game with her though. Payback was sweet.

Until this afternoon, I'd never heard of 2 Chainz or Tity Boi. Then I went on to youtube and am glad that I missed out on all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back