• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferred daycare sounds snooty too. Southerners love their indentured servants I guess

When I think too much about the Star Trek transporter it really fucks with me. IT breaks you into subatomic particles, beams those particles across empty space, and then re-assembles them based on a pattern that the computer read? GTFO here. I'd pull a Bones McCoy and take a shuttlecraft everywhere.

lol, can't watch a kid if you're actually working from home, and if all your preferred daycares are filled up to a certain date you have to fill the childcare gap somehow

You can fill it for $169

Large+Play+Yard+Safety+Gate.jpg

plama, I'm curious how much you think daycare costs and how much you think a nanny costs

pick a location that suits you for your guesses

plama, I'm curious how much you think daycare costs and how much you think a nanny costs

pick a location that suits you for your guesses

They're both working from home! And I don't think "because the person I'm paying to do my chores doesn't need all that much money" really helps the argument

owning 5(?) pinball machines is a bit snooty-er than paying a college kid to come take care of your kid, tbh.

like the rich in LA don't have nannies. You think those celebs and media execs are all caring for their kids 24/7?

like the rich in LA don't have nannies. You think those celebs and media execs are all caring for their kids 24/7?

I would expect snooty people to have nannies. I wouldn't expect people who on the Tunnels are all like "equal justice for all" to be on the Pit like "Here's $14/hr, now make me a sammich"

I think the real reason people find another story in the New York Times about nannies so annoying is that, according to a recent study by the Center for American Progress, fewer than 3.5 percent of all families in the United States, at all income levels, employ a nanny for child care. That’s right: fewer than 3.5 percent. And among middle-income families (i.e., most Americans), it’s fewer than .5 percent . So what do all these other households do? They rely on spouses or relatives or day care or in-home child care or after-school programs-that is, on high-stress, patchwork arrangements, which is why work-life balance for so many families remains hard. Even among relatively high-earning Americans, only 3.3 percent employ a nanny.

how is "preferred daycares" snooty.. you'd just leave your kid at any old daycare that has awful reviews and no problem just squeezing more kids in?

i feel like palma is grossly underestimating the amount of work required to watch and care for a child

how is "preferred daycares" snooty.. you'd just leave your kid at any old daycare that has awful reviews and no problem just squeezing more kids in?

i feel like palma is grossly underestimating the amount of work required to watch and care for a child

"Babe, this daycare is only getting 3.5 stars on yelp, I think we should take on that slave instead"

it's threads like this which make parents think they have a lot of work when in reality the numbers show that it's not a big deal !

we just crate our kids. good enough for a dog. good enough for them!

telling my wife to cancel our daycare walkthru this weekend, and she can cancel our nanny interviews next week too

we aint comparison shopping honey, the bald childless tracksuit degenerate online said it was snooty so long as we both work from home

i also don't think plama has any clue how much nanny's cost when using the word "slave"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back