• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently in line at cvs for my second shot. Much longer than the first shot, about 15 people deep.

I always notice this when driving and have wonder if others notice it too. Cars blind spot monitoring alert on the side mirrors are sometimes triggered when I’m already past the rear bumper of the other car. Feel like it should be triggered much earlier.

Multiple channels for grouping topics/chats (e.g. we've got a booze channel, several sports specific channels, a work-talk channel etc.). Everyone gets the same experience regardless of smart phone choice (vs. android and ioS group texts fucking up in all sorts of ways). Better emoji/reaction/thread support. Easy to access on any computer if you're not a smart phone user. Lots of notification controls. Really easy to spin up quick one-off channels/DMS for temporary events (e.g. bachelor party planning)

yea idk if this was just the nature of our friend group hanging out in college shooting the shit for 50 hrs a week together or what, but i feel like we chat/argue really extensively, and that would get pretty obnoxious over chat over time

people who play TENNIS! what stick are you using?

The last few years I’ve been playing with the Wilson Pro Staff 97. It’s got a lot of the performance of a true “player’s racket” while the weighting and slightly larger head makes it much more playable. It works well for where my game is at this point in my life which is perpetually rusty.

I would never challenge anyone on the board to a tennis match for 500 dollars.

we've had a "what are you top 1% of the boards at" discussion

now i think it's time for the "what are you bottom 1% of the boards at" discussion

try as i might my spatial reasoning is just abysmal. i can do the iq test/GMAT/GRE visual puzzles but that's where it ends. trying to design a workflow via Visio for a thing at work, and it is taking me many many hours and paper drafts to visually fit the boxes in space the way i want them to go that would make sense for any human to read.

The last few years I’ve been playing with the Wilson Pro Staff 97. It’s got a lot of the performance of a true “player’s racket” while the weighting and slightly larger head makes it much more playable. It works well for where my game is at this point in my life which is perpetually rusty.

been demoing some and added the Pro Staff to my latest round of racquets

first round of demos I think I sold myself short and got racquets that were too light -- I dig the absorption of the player's racquets on hard shots from the opponents

now i think it's time for the "what are you bottom 1% of the boards at" discussion

try as i might my spatial reasoning is just abysmal. i can do the iq test/GMAT/GRE visual puzzles but that's where it ends. trying to design a workflow via Visio for a thing at work, and it is taking me many many hours and paper drafts to visually fit the boxes in space the way i want them to go that would make sense for any human to read.

art criticism
exercising

As an offshoot of this, finding my way around a city on foot. I never get lost in the woods, but I go all country mouse in a city and have to use maps walking directions like a goddamn rube to find my way around. 4 mile jogs in Charleston twice turned into 6 mile runs because I get lost so easily, and Charleston is a freaking peninsula and like the easiest place to get around in America.

Holy shit Peloton

oddly enough i'm fine with a sense of direction; not great at putting furniture together or understanding how pieces fit together in a machine for example

I'm also pretty bad a spatial stuff, especially dealing with negative space and visualizing three dimensions from something like a blueprint

I'm bottom 1% at hearing, as well as message board posting

pretty low percentile for being a manlet like biff and brasky too

I was walking into the office building after lunch and this dude pulls up in a Bentley SUV with Pennsylvania tags and asks if this is where La-Z-Boy is. I told him yes, on the second floor, because that's where their office is. He looked asked again I assured him that La-Z-Boy is indeed on the second floor. He then asked if they sell furniture here and I had to inform him that it was just offices. Now I'm trying to figure out if it was DJ Moore out furniture shopping since he's originally from Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back