• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread-A-Pallooza: I got two chats, one for the plug and one for the load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagle's Nest!

I'm talking Hitler's private lair of course, not the camp in NC. It would be a great cultural experience for a young one.

Eagle's Nest!

I'm talking Hitler's private lair of course, not the camp in NC. It would be a great cultural experience for a young one.

Eagle's Nest is hippie camp to the max. Chupe's little Starchild and Moonbeam would have a great time there.

I spent three weeks there one summer, though a bunch of friends went more often and for longer. The owners lived down the street from me in Winston. I don't think I appreciated it as much as I should have, though enjoyed my two day camping trip with Doc, the Vietnam vet medic who wanted me and another guy to pledge that we would track him down to climb Mt. Everest after we turned 21. Hope he's not still waiting on that one. Showed us a cool bullet wound though.

Rich shaming aside, I'm not dragging whining little kids through the streets of Italy. Sounds goddamn miserable. I'll take em camping.

Raven knob was awesome. And so much nicer in the summer than Durant, which is comparatively hell on earth in the middle of the summer.

We did a big Europe trip a few years back with family and my 12 year old nephew was absolutely awful. He didn't understand or appreciate anywhere we went unless it had gelato. It was killing me that we were standing on Omaha Beach in Normandy and it was totally wasted on him. We had to leave early because he was complaining about it being cold...

The only things I really remember about summer camp are almost drowning under the sail of a purposefully tipped over little sailboat, and running into a barbed wire fence at full sprint while playing nighttime capture the flag.

The only things I really remember about summer camp are almost drowning under the sail of a purposefully tipped over little sailboat, and running into a barbed wire fence at full sprint while playing nighttime capture the flag.

Which camp?

I think the longest I went to camp was for 5-6 days at a time. I did church camp at Camp Carefree and then Y camp once or twice when I was 5-6. Doing swim team and spending my time in the hood was way more fun for me. Swim team in the mornings, riding bikes around and exploring the woods during the day, epic capture the flag games at night.

I would prefer that my children experience something like that then go away to camp every summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back